Friday, July 23, 2010

Sharing with others is fun to do

I'm singing that primary song in my head right now! So there is this recipe that must be shared. It would be selfish of me to not pass along this goodness. It is called Apple Cake. I assure you this is the best of both the cake and pie world. You might be thinking, "that sounds good." But it gets better...much better. I have two words to say. Caramel. Sauce. Yes, that's right you pour warm liquid gold over the cake. I may or may not be guilty of drinking the sauce plain. I like to eat healthy and keep my body in shape, but it all goes out the window with this in the house. So without further ado, here is the recipe:

Blend:
4 cups peeled, thinly sliced apples (about 4 or 5 medium-sized apples, Fuji or Braeburn are good)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts, but pecans would be great too)
2 eggs beaten
2 tsp vanilla

Fold in:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt

Pour into 9x13 baking pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. (I spray the pan with a little non-stick spray)

Caramel Sauce:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla

Stir and heat just to a boil. Server over warm cake.



Stop licking the screen and make it for yourself! You're welcome.

12 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

YUMMY! I think this will be my latest must have craving. Yep, pretty sure I must have it.

Angie Lewis said...

Wow, that looks amazing. I don't even love apples or apple pie, but I seriously think I need to try baking it anyway! :) By the way, we're coming out to visit my fam in about 3 weeks. The boys and I may have to stop by and say hello while we're there!

Mike and Lisa said...

Oh my gosh..this looks so good. I cannot wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!
I can't believe that Hannah is 9 months. They sure do grow up quick!

Danae Curtis said...

Wow! This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to try it!

Miss Kris said...

It tastes even better if you eat it for breakfast.

I made this for my bunco group, and they all loved it. I had several friends request the recipe. So, it's the recipe that keeps on giving.

elise said...

Okay. As soon as I have an oven, I'm making this.

Christina said...

I'm so excited to try this! I tried someone else's Apple Cake recipe once and was unimpressed--and so disappointed since it seemed like such a great idea! This one seems a lot better... hooray!

Amylee said...

Look at you little miss PW Jr! I can't wait for you to make this for me on August 5th :)

kalie said...

Wait, I thought you said breastmilk was liquid gold. Do I have to pump to make this cake?

Ha!

I'm really excited to try this. Thanx for sharing, friend!

Dangela said...

WOW!! That looks and sounds absolutely scrumptious! Dan loves caramel, so we will definitely be giving this one a try. Thanks for sharing!

Natasha said...

I love you. :) Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to try it!

Shannon said...

I need to eat this right now. I'm salivating.