1. Preschool
Tyler started preschool last week. Thank goodness! The preschool came highly recommended, and so far I have been very impressed with the teacher. I am a firm believer that preschool is a win-win for mom and child. I'm amazed at how much I can accomplish while he is gone. Likewise, Tyler develops social skills and a love for learning.

2. Peach Days
Every year our family goes to Brigham City's Peach Days. I've honestly only missed like four years my whole life! Tyler and Hannah LOVED the rides. I of course loved relaxing with my family and eating delicious food (and peach pie) from Maddox. This is one of my favorite family traditions!

3. Puzzles
Sunday morning after watching the special 9/11 Music and the Spoken Word, Steve pulled out this puzzle. It felt like a good way to remember the past and celebrate our heritage. This puzzle is comprised of hundreds of past stamps that make our flag. Hardest puzzle I've ever done! It's funny that while we were putting it together, we would swear that the piece we were looking for must be missing. Yet no missing pieces on this one!

4. Preserves
Who goes to Peach Days and doesn't buy peaches? This year my mom and I are canning about 30 quarts of peaches. We also have 4 jars of jam...so far. I honestly don't know how the pioneers did it all. I was tired after just 14 quarts in one night! It looked like a bomb went off in the kitchen. But come this winter, I will thoroughly enjoy the fresh taste of peaches....and maybe make some delicious Pioneer Woman Peach Crisp with Maple Cream sauce, if you twist my arm!

5. Personal Records
This past Saturday I ran my fastest 5k time ever. While 27:27 isn't a super fast time for some, it is fast for me. I ran the whole thing without stopping and wasn't even sore after. Just a year and a half ago I ran a 5k that took me 40:39. I am amazed at what our bodies can do if we work hard little by little. It feels good to feel good!
14 comments:
Woah!!! I didn't realize what a huge improvement on your 5K time that was. So awesome!
I need to start canning. My Mom and I do about a bigillion quarts and I smell like a peach for the rest of the month. It's all worth it though. I have missed my canned peaches desperately.
Yay for preschool! How does Tyler look more and more grown up in every single picture you post? I swear it's true.
Puzzles. I don't know if I would have the patience to do one that difficult, but it looks really neat when it's completed. Isn't 9/11 such a sobering day?
Miss you!!!!!!
...painting some pajamas pink. P, p, P. :)
I read that title and thought Painting some pajamas pink, we read that book almost every day! I'm so jealous of all the peaches! I'm wishing we had yummy Utah peaches down here! That is awesome that you improved your 5k time so much!
We love that book! We read it every night.
Peach days look amazing. Would love to check it out one year. And so impressed with your canning skills and 5k record!
I too have read that Dr. Suess book a million gazillion times, and yet I still like it :)
Jared and I love puzzles and always pull out one to do during conference weekend.
Those peaches sound and look sooooo delicious!! I want to come over to your house this winter when you make that very tasty sounding peach crisp!
Wow! Congrats on your PR! And those peaches look divine. . .good times
UMMM...I want those peaches! Tyler is so cute! How did it go?
I think this might be in my top 5 favorite Erin posts. I love puzzles & that one looks insane! And peaches & all those preserves?! Oh my goodness. I am salivating. My parent's used to have a peach tree, so I know all about harvesting, and blanching and peeling and cutting and freezing and, and....
And your 5k?! I think 27:27 is awesome! Especially with your knee! Nicely done!
Holy smokes, you are SuperWoman! I am just glad these days if I can vacuum or do the dishes. Keep your amazingness!
P has always been my favorite letter. :) jk You all have been busy!
The peach jam was SO delicious. THANK you so much!
Looks like you guys have been busy. Good job on your running, that is awesome!!! You will love your peaches come winter, I was a slacker this year and didn't can any. We love your peach whip recipe from last year though....so tasty!!
Nice job, Erin!! (On the peaches & your time). I've always known you are amazing!!
People, please perceive: Pitifully presumptuous patriarch Pulley presently praises partner’s perfectly pretty pulchritude.
Post a Comment