Monday, January 2, 2012

Out with the old, in with the new!

We had a wonderful Christmas. Why? Because it consisted of family, food, games, toys (for kids and parents), food, a little sleep, movies, food, games and family. More than most years, I just loved all the time I spent with those I love. Christmas really is about family. I loved being with my mom, cousins, aunt and uncle, sister and her family, and of course my three loves! The kids went to bed exhausted each night, as did their parents.

Christmas morning was our first just the four of us. It was relaxing and the kids could play with their gifts as they opened them. Although, they mostly just wanted to open another one! I need to remember that they are just as happy with cheap little toys as they are with expensive ones. I could have only gotten them stocking stuff and they would have been thrilled!

As for the New Year, I have some resolutions. I am a goal person. I know a lot of people aren't, but I like to have something to work towards. So this year, here are a few of my goals for 2012:

1. Try at least three new recipes a month.

2. Run a mile in under 8 minutes, once accomplished, set a new time goal.

3. Only eat one dessert/sweet a month....this might kill me.

4. Use a cash budget...envelopes and all.

I challenge each of you to come up with one thing you can do to actively make 2012 a great year!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Your kids are adorable! And I love your goals. We do a cash budget too and it works so well for me... Because a non cash budget doesn't at all!

Suzie said...

Fun pictures...I love the crazed look on T's face in the pic of them in their church outfits!

Great goals. Sorry to say I will NEVER join you on the dessert one as it would kill me for sure. As fro the others, you go, girl! You're always so motivated - I'm sure you'll do well!

Jared & Tristan said...

I love the pic of the two kids hugging in their jammies, so sweet! And Hannah's kitchen looks awesome! Glad you had such a great Christmas. Being with family is the BEST!

Steve P. said...

I think my favorite picture shows Tyler's black socks with his jammies. He definitely got his sense of style from me. I look forward to trying the new recipes!

Amylee said...

The super hero picture!!!! Love, love, love. I love your goals. I have a few of my own that I need to post. Last year I felt like mine weren't measurable like they should have been and I don't even remember what they were. Terrible? YES. I can't wait for FTC!

kalie said...

Cash budget=yes!!!!! I am excited for you.

Please send me all your recipes you try. I made your chicken piccata last night and it was so. good. Except not as good as when you made it for me. L!

Dangela said...

Your family is sooooo cute!! Sounds like a wonderful Christmas, especially getting to spend Christmas Day with just your little family. Sometimes I think that is extra special.