Monday, February 27, 2012

Happiness is....

My kids asking for seconds on dinner, including green beans. Success.

The television show Castle. If you aren't watching it...you should. My Monday nights are always Castle nights. I'm not going to lie, I am bummed when there isn't a new episode.

Getting a letter in the mail. There is just something about getting a note or card just for me! And I will usually read it twice right when I open it.

A really great hair day. The other six days of the week I am tempted to chop it all off.

Tyler reading an entire "easy reader" book all by himself. The look on his face was priceless. He was grinning from ear to ear when he finished. Definitely a proud "mom" moment.

Getting hooked on Downton Abbey. I can't hardly wait for September and season 3. I am a sucker for period dramas.

Playing footsie with my husband during dinner!

Meal planning. I know, I know, some of you are thinking "what?" For me, the key is to plan meals for the entire week. I love having a stocked fridge and knowing what I am going to make for dinner that night, and the next.

Snuggles and smiles from Hannah. She will give you the best squeezy hug you've ever had. I love that girl.

Family movie night...popcorn and all. All four of us on a small couch equals wonderful quality family time.

What brings you happiness?

9 comments:

sydney b. said...

I love all of these and agree with 1. Castle...our favorite Monday activity and 2. Downton abbey...I can't wait till September

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Downton Abbey, I just got hooked! Meal planning, yes! And Friday Night is our party night. Love the list!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I LOVE Castle too! And I agree with you on a stocked fridge- it kills me down here that groceries aren't often available and I can rarely plan ahead too much. Your kids are getting so grown up!

Steve P. said...

Watching Castle with you, while playing footsie with you, after eating dinner, which you planned and for which the kids asked seconds. And looking at your really great hair (which is actually "really great" 6 out of 7 days, rather than the other way around) during the commercials.

Merri Hackett said...

I like steve's comment...basically Erin you do everything! ;)

Steve P. said...

@Merri: You figured out my plan!

Dangela said...

Love the list! Thanks for sharing.

I love a hug and smile from my little man, the weekends because we get to be a family (the rest of the week I am in Idaho while they are in Oregon), and the opportunity to finally be a mom.

Danae Curtis said...

I love your blog, you always write the best posts! And I really need to see what this Downton Abbey is all about because everyone has been telling me to watch it! =)

Amylee said...

I love all of these things!!! Especially family movie nights, Downton Abbey, footsie, and little boys that can read.

I would add: Butterfingers and homemade chocolate chip cookies. A good long run. Afternoon naps. A good cry (on occasion).