Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy Happy Birthday Tyler dear!

I've had that primary birthday song stuck in my head all week!

Tyler turned five this week. He keeps reminding me that he's a whole hand! In keeping with tradition we celebrated over almost a whole week. First up was the family party over the weekend. In past years Tyler wanted a robot cake or a rocket cake. What were his demands this year? A circle cake, with black and blue on it. That's not much to go on. So while it ended up looking like a UFO, Tyler loved his black and blue circle cake. Thank goodness he isn't hard to please!


Of course Tyler loved opening presents and having all eyes on him. And of course Hannah was a little jealous of all the attention Tyler was getting, so she made me take this picture!

His actual birthday started off with the breakfast of his choice, followed by a spotlight at preschool. That evening we had presents at home. Tyler was thrilled to open silly putty, binoculars and Candy Land. He was less than thrilled when he saw he got to choose a bike from the store. Who knew? He was however very excited once we were at the store.


He had his kindergarten check up this morning. He handled the shots like a champ. During his breakfast prayer, he asked that he would be brave during his shots. He was VERY brave! He is the 97% for height and 86% for weight and perfectly healthy. You can't ask for more than that! He is a pretty good boy who has a tender heart, loves Legos and reading, has lots of energy, and adds the perfect personality to our family!

7 comments:

Steve P. said...

I'm not convinced he is excited about the binoculars... how can you tell? He is sure growing up fast!

Christina said...

I can't believe he's already five! What is it with children and time going so fast?

Amylee said...

If we lived closer to each other, I think Will and Tyler would be the best of friends. Will got binoculars for Christmas and he loves them. You are always so great to add just the perfect touch to something. I think his cake looks yummy- anything with an oreo will win me over, though ;).

I can't wait to see you at your house in a few weeks.

Trent and Whit said...

What a sweet (not so) little dude! Jane has the biggest crush on him!! We need to have a playdate soon!!! Happy Birthday Ty!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Wow! I still remember the day he was born. What an amazing boy he is!

Dangela said...

Happy birthday, Tyler!! It looks like you had an awesome birthday. I love your blue and black cake.

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday, Tyler! Your cake was so cute! Looks like it was a fun day.