Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Better late than never

I've been meaning to post about Tyler turning six for weeks now. Oh, well! Tyler has been looking forward to being six for quite some time. Since his birthday, he has said things like, "now that I'm six, it's not so heavy to carry, " or "I know better because now I'm six."

The morning of his birthday he requested the traditional "egg face" breakfast. After a spotlight in his school, we went to dinner and he loved the complimentary ice cream. He must be a Pulley, his birthday centered around good food! That night he opened presents, and was thrilled with new sunglasses, a batman watch, and a Dragonology book!







That weekend we had his first ever friend party. With a few friends from school and a few from the neighborhood, he was spoiled with gifts. I underestimated how much energy it takes keeping up with eight six year old boys. I was exhausted after the party, but Tyler was on cloud 9. He loved the crown, bowling, pizza with friends, and overall attention. As if a friend party during the days wasn't enough, we had a family party for him that night. We were all ready for bed after such a busy day.





I came to a realization after the week of birthday festivities. While it is a lot of work as a parent to throw a party and get everything ready, you do it because your child deserves to feel special. I remember thinking as a child that my birthday was paramount to Christmas. That is mostly because my mom made me feel special. More than the gifts, or treats, or balloons, I hope Tyler could feel how much he means to me and our family. He is a smart, sensitive, energetic, friendly boy who is going to make for one awesome six year old!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Erin, I read your blog too! I think there is just one thing your blog is missing....a prego photo. I know how you hate taking pictures when your pregnant but the rest of us think you are beatiful!

Happy Birthday, Tyler!