There are quite a few things you forget as your children get older. What do they call it again? Mom "amnesia?" You know what I'm talking about. All those little things you don't really think about when you say, "let's have another baby." I, for one, forgot how not fun contractions are. I remembered that they weren't pleasant, but didn't realize how much I dislike them! Here are a few things I've "remembered" since welcoming sweet Leah to our home.
1. You can literally be turning to throw away a dirty diaper, and they will fill the clean one you just put them in. I honestly think "there goes $.29!"
2. That getting 3.5 hours of consecutive sleep can make you feel so rested. What happened to those nights of sleeping nine hours? Oh yeah, kids. That's what happened!
3. How wonderful a frozen pack of peas can feel when your milk is coming in.
4. Nose suckers are torture to newborns. As are the hiccups, some diaper changes, and apparently baths. Leah thinks we are killing her every time we give her a bath. Someday she will love them!
5. What it is like planning out your day (and what feels like your life) in two to three hour increments. And how fast those three hours go by!
6. How staring at a baby for hours each day never gets old. Ever.
7. It is impossible not to talk in some form of the "baby voice" when talking to Leah.
8. That something so small can grab a hold of your heart!
9. The way you have to do most things with one hand while holding a baby.
10. That the dishes, vacuuming and laundry can wait. Leah will only be little for such a short time.
11. Having a newborn must be a small taste of what heaven is like. There is only pure love for this sweet baby in our home.
3 comments:
Great list...and every one of them is true! She's such a sweet little thing and I DO love holding her...and we all know that you stare at her all day. ;) So jealous that you have a baby and so glad that I get to spend time with her!
She is so beautiful! We love the announcement you sent. Congratulations to all of you on your new sweet little girl. You have it right, Erin--enjoy every moment you can because the grow way too fast!
Absolutely true! Every single one of them!
Post a Comment