Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fourth of July weekend

This last weekend I went down to Utah with Tyler to see my mom and look for an apartment. Before fireworks on Friday night, Tyler wanted to play in the toyroom. I had my camera with me and thought I'd share just one of his many dance moves with you.


Once we went to the fireworks, Tyler would randomly clap at the ones he liked. It was super cute! It just wouldn't be the 4th of July without me hearing Neil Diamond sing "We're coming to America" at least once. Good times! Yet in all seriousness, I really did get emotional during the fireworks and "God Bless America." I mean I was sitting there being able to enjoy a summer evening in peace with my family. Not everyone shares that same freedom. I thought, of all the countries on earth, I truly was blessed to be born in this one. It was a nice reminder to be thankful for all that I do have and enjoy, instead of thinking "our house isn't selling, we're going to be poor, etc." So many others have so much less and suffer so much more than I do.
Over the next few days, we were in the Provo area looking for an apartment. I know that an apartment can't compare with our house, but only a few seemed like I could ever feel at home there. Of course, those decent ones were either already under contract by the time we got down there or out of our price range. While we were apartment hunting, Tyler was a good sport being stuck in the carseat for two days straight. At one of the red lights, I asked him to show me where his teeth were, this picture is the result.

Although we didn't find an apartment that met the following criteria: safe, we can afford, comfortable, we can afford, room for at least our bed, and one that we can afford, I still had a great time in Utah with my Tyler boy!

7 comments:

Rachelle said...

Hey girly, where are you guys looking for an apartment at? Casey and I just finished renting a townhome - its a whole community (like an apartment complex) where all the townhomes are for rent...but you get a garage. They are awesome. and affordable. Google cowboy properties and it will bring up all the listings - I think all of them are super cute and in a good area.

Amylee said...

You're not the only one that got emotional. When I was at the Kaysville parade and the flag passed with the veterans I started bawling! I too am so grateful to live in a wonderful country, and to spend as much time with my family as possible. We are so blessed. Love you! Just remember- you aren't the only ones that will be poor :o).

Trent and Whit said...

Nice dance moves Ty!! I bet he got them from his mommy :) If you need help looking for apartments, let me know. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. Love you guys!

Jenn said...

cute! who'd he get his moves from?

Andrea said...

Way cute dance moves Tyler!! I have an idea, how about you just not move at all?? Maybe Steve could commute;)

kalie said...

I love that little guy! He is a cutie. The fourth of July is my favorite holiday, and I've missed it the last three years due to travel. We really need to plan better, because I'm grouchy when I don't get my fireworks! :) Just kidding. I love your new layout.

Amylee said...

I really miss you today. I have been thinking of you all morning and then I got on my blog and you post a sweet comment. I just think we are both kind of going through a lot of the same stuff right now- it's really hard. I wish I could say that I want to just snap my fingers and have everything be perfect like magic, but that defeats the purpose. I guess it's just time for us to do a little growing, isn't it?
Hope to see you sometime soon.
Love you more than the Twilight series. (And that's saying something!)