Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hiking the Y

Since Tyler is now in Nursery, we've decided he needs to have FHE every week. Last night for Family Home Evening, we decided to hike up to the 'Y'. I had never done it, even though I was a student at BYU for three years! It was a very enjoyable hike, at least I can say that because I wasn't carrying an extra 28 pounds like Steve was. This first picture was taken from the car and shows how steep the hike is. The 'Y' is the white spot in the middle of the picture.

The second is Tyler getting all ready for our long journey. He looks like quite the stud in his flame sunglasses!


The next picture is of us in the middle of the 'Y'. As you can see, it was basically dark by the time we made it all the way up. Along the way, Tyler would say his version of "touch it", so we often stopped so Tyler could touch a tree or bush and then keep on trekking.


The last picture is of my cute boys. As you can see, Tyler is enjoying himself high on the mountain!


On the way down, we decided to teach Tyler about nature and the creation. We pointed up to the sky and told him Heavenly Father made the stars and the trees, etc. We sang 'Twinkle Twinkle' and 'I Am Like a Star Shinning Brightly'. Then we showed him the city lights down below. Tyler was very cute when we asked him to say "city lights," because he kept saying they were stars. He would also say 'bye' to everyone we passed. He sure is a friendly boy!

It wouldn't be a true FHE if we didn't give service in some way. Right as we got to the car, we noticed some people were having car trouble. We pulled up and jump started their car for them. So I'd say this was a very successful FHE. We got some good exercise, taught Tyler about the creation, and gave service! Now what do I do next week?

5 comments:

Amylee said...

Good for you guys! We try to have FHE, but we are so bad. Will is pretty good while we do it- it's the parents that are the problem. Kudos.

kalie said...

You all are the cutest little familia of hikers ever!!

Shelley said...

Hiking,...now I know we are friends and all,...and when we move down there we still will be bestest buds....but just an FYI...Shelley doesn't hike. ;) But we can for sure do games and dinners! :) ---Ok maybe I can hike the Y once! Just to say I did it.

Andrea said...

WOW you really do fhe right, we just focus on the singing and the treat part way to go Pulley's. You are right though how do you top that one for next week? I am mighty impressed.

Kirk and Janelle Tingey said...

That is so cute! What a great idea for FHE