Monday, September 29, 2008

Festive Fall Family Fun (say that four times fast!)

I have tried, ever since Steve and I got married, to establish family traditions. So far, every fall we have been able to go to a corn maze and up in the mountains to see the beautiful fall colors. This past weekend we had a great time as a family. On Friday night we went to Corn Belly's at Thanksgiving Point. Tyler really loved the corn maze, slides, and just walking around seeing the sights.

This first picture is of our family on top of a bridge in the middle of the maze.

After the maze we let Tyler loose. He couldn't run fast enough to get from one fun thing to the next! He is such a handsome farmer.

At Corn Belly's they had a HUGE rocking chair. As you can see, we were quite comfortable!

I think his favorite thing was, by far, the straw that was everywhere. He honestly sat on the hay and picked at it for a good five minutes. He is a silly boy!

After our festivities on Friday night, we headed home to get some rest before going up to Snowbird on Saturday afternoon. On the drive up the canyon, we were amazed at how stunning the colors were. It almost looked like a painting. We met up with my mom, cousins and aunt and uncle.


On the way home, we decided to reward Tyler for being such a trooper, as you can see, he is quite content with his reward of a rice krispy treat! It was a wonderful weekend just being with my boys!

9 comments:

Amylee said...

Fall is the best! What a fun family tradition. We always go to Sundance to ride the chair lift up the mountain and see the beautiful colors. It was gorgeous this last weekend, wasn't it? I'm so glad you didn't miss it. I will bring you some of those cookies on Thursday. I can't WAIT to see you and cute Tyler!!!!

kalie said...

Cuteness! I miss your fun self and face. I want to see you when I come to UTAH (two weeks!!!!). Anyway, I look up to you for your examples and how much you love family. You're amazing. And I love your new festive background. :)

Tory and Elizabeth said...

What a great tradition idea. We have been trying since we got married to come up with our own family traditions, and I love this idea. I am also glad to see pictures of all three of you hanging out together. School and family time don't always mix these days.

Aimee Geddes said...

It looks like you guys had a fun time. What a good idea! Tyler is so cute!

Jessica said...

Looks like you guys are having tons of fun and keeping busy. You're little guy is so cute. So I need to know when we are going to get together?!?

Jared & Tristan said...

Sounds like lots of fun!
I see on your "about me" that you're going to be working part-time, where at? What will you be doing?

I've started a baby pool on my blog if you want to take a guess about when the baby will come.

Glad you're having lots of fun. I love seeing all the pictures!

Trent and Whit said...

That little Ty gets less little everytime I see his cute face! Sounds like a wonderful weekend

Merri Hackett said...

Oh it all looks like so much fun!

Andrea said...

How fun, I wish we could go to thanksgiving point and do all that, I bet Halle would love it.