Sunday, September 7, 2008

Pulley Update and Peach Days

Well, we moved on Monday! Of course we picked the coldest, rainiest day of the summer, but it worked out great. I will post pictures of our new home once I get things a little more put together. Right now there are piles of things all over the house that I don't have a place to put. Downsizing houses is tough. I do feel that this is a place where we will be happy for the next three years. Thank you to everyone that helped us move, we really couldn't have done it without you!

Steve has officially been a law student for two weeks. He really enjoys it so far and has been able to keep up with his classes. However, his schedule to keep up goes something like this: wake up at 6:45 a.m. and gets to school by 7:30. He studies until his first class at either nine or ten a.m., eats lunch and studies and has at least two-four more classes and is done with class by 4 p.m. He studies until around 6 or so, comes home for dinner and to see us until Tyler goes to bed at 8 p.m. Then he studies for anywhere from one to four more hours and then goes to bed exhausted and wakes up to start over again. He's a trooper (and since I saw Mamma Mia with my sister on Friday, I dare say Steve is a Super Trooper!)

To break up the monotony of studying, we joined my family in Brigham City on Saturday for Peach Days. My sister and her family even came up from Phoenix! We've all been going for as long as I can remember and even before that. We sit in the same spot every year for the parade, sit at the Court House for the afternoon and look at the carnival and booths and then eat at Maddox for dinner. This year, Tyler was able to really enjoy it for the first time. He loved the parade, going on the carousel, and playing with his cousin Hayden. We had a great time together! This is one family tradition, that I want to keep up with my own family.

7 comments:

Aimee Geddes said...

It sounds like you guys had a good time. What a fun tradition.

Kelli said...

Yay for Peach Days! We had so much fun. Joe is still full from eating at the Maddox. (I, on the other hand, with my bottomless pit of a nursing mother's stomach, stopped for ice cream on the way home) Thanks for coming yesterday, we love you guys!

Jamie said...

WE MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!! It"s been so weird not to see you at church! And I never even really got to say good bye since Hayden was sick. I t looks like you all are doing great. I LOOOOOVE YUOR HAIR CUT!!!! Take care and say Hi to the fam.

Shelley said...

Holy Schmoly all that studying!!?! I think I'll stay completely content with a bachelors degree after reading that. Hopefully I can be a supportive wife and let Brad go for it! ;) We miss you!

Andrea said...

Wow, you are some woman to just take over while Steve does all that studying. I hope for your sake and his it gets better. We totally miss you guys, life just isn't the same, especially not having you come VT me each month, I miss that!

Amylee said...

I'm glad everything went well with the move. My, you are bored- that's a lot of free time to fill without the hubby. I should come fill it with you soon. I'm excited for zoo time. Ever since I've known you, you have talked about peach Days.

Lu said...

Erin-
Its Luisa Sawyer i don't know if you remember me. Grant and I lived right above Spencer and Ashley in the condos in orem. . .anyway love your blog you guys look so good! and you are back at BYU! Hooray! Congrats on Law School and your cutest boy Tyler he is darling.
So did I ever know that you played vball? Did we ever make that connection? We so should have played when we lived close. . .although i was pregnant and that makes it hard. Where did you play highschool club college? I must have played against you back in the day. I played at Brighton, Utah juniors, high country then Dixie anyways your post made me miss it so much i wish i was playin 2-3 times a week! Life is just too busy too many kids i guess. Well hope things are good!!