Monday, June 15, 2009

Lake Tahoe 2009

Last Friday, we filled our little Honda to the max and headed out to the Pulley Family Reunion in Lake Tahoe. Even though we didn't arrive at the condo until 1 in the morning, the ride went as smooth as possible. Steve's parent's arranged for each family to have their own 2 bed/2 bath unit...with King size beds! The funniest part was Tyler had his own King bed. You could barely see him in the sea of pillows and sheets.

The weekend was spent mostly indoors due to rain. We didn't mind, as that gave us a good chance to visit with all the family. Most of the week was actually spent lazily chatting with each other and eating delicious food! This was the first reunion with Tyler, and boy did he love his cousins! It was so great to see him build those relationships with family and have a blast doing it. He couldn't wait to go swimming with all the cousins! Even now that we are home, he mentions the hot tub and cousins at least once a day.

Sunday afternoon, we got all the cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents together for some family pictures. It is quite a feat to get 28 people to hold still at the same time! We took the opportunity to get a picture of just our family too!

Monday, most of the men decided to go for a good hike near Fallen Leaf Lake. The pictures show the stunning lake and mountains. To the left of Steve is Lake Tahoe, and to the right is Fallen Leaf Lake. Beautiful views, but a little to strenuous for me!
Steve flew out of the Reno airport early Tuesday morning to head back to work. That same morning, I was surprised with a baby shower! And let me tell you, I was totally surprised. I'm a little slow on the uptake these days, and it took a minute to figure out why they were yelling 'surprise!' It truly touched my heart that the family would do this for me. Thanks again!
That afternoon, we all piled in the cars and drove up to Angora Lake. It was a pretty drive, and easy hike up to the lake, and the views were worth any effort we put forth. A picnic lunch with all the cousins, playing on the shore and watching Tyler poke things with a stick made for a relaxing and enjoyable afternoon.
And no trip to Lake Tahoe would be complete without actually going to the lake. While the water was far too cold to go in, that didn't put a damper on our adventure. Tyler of course found a stick was as happy as could be. The water at the lake was so clear and the mountains too beautiful to pass up a picture with my boy (even if he was more interested in the sand!)
Thanks a million Grandpa and Grandma Pulley for organizing this. This was the best reunion yet!

11 comments:

Miss Kris said...

I can't get over how stinkin' cute Tyler looks in the family picture of the three of you. What a great trip! We really need to talk Jay's family into doing something like this.

Rachelle said...

I love Lake tahoe! How fun! And you look stinkin cute!

Angie Lewis said...

Lake Tahoe is great - I'm so glad you guys had an awesome trip! :)

The Hodgmans David, Kara, Lexy, Lena and Luke said...

Looks like a lot of fun! How were you feeling on the trip???

Jared & Tristan said...

I love all the pictures. Tyler is s cute! And you are looking fantastic! Glad you had such a fun time.

Christina said...

I'm sooooooo jealous.

Shannon said...

Looks like so much fun! I totally understand some hikes being too strenuous... what's with getting out of breath so easily when you're pregnant??

ps, I love that little girl's socks to the left in the family picture!

kalie said...

Hi Erin! You look gorgous and I miss you! Love Tahoe, but not as much as I love you. :)

Tory and Elizabeth said...

How Fun! Family Reunions are definitely more crazy now that I am the parent, but so much more fun too since I get to watch my own little ones have the adventures and make those awesome friendships with cousins.

Amylee said...

It looks gorgeous! I have never been there so it was especially fun to look at these pictures. Lucky you to end up with a shower! I wish someone would throw me one! Nothing is better than cousins, that's for sure. I loved mine so much that nothing makes me happier than seeing Will with his.

Unknown said...

Ahh looks like a blast!