Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The things he says....

Tyler is on a roll. It seems like his little 'sayings' and 'comebacks' have come out of no place this past week. For example, on Monday I could tell he was about to fill his pants and I said, "Do you want to run up to the big boy potty?" Usually he just says no thank you. But he surprised me and said "It's too late for that." I just looked at him and said, "What did you say?" It made me laugh.

Next, after getting him out of time out yesterday, I was giving him a hug and explaining why he went into time out. He was sort of squirming in my arms and finally yelled "I'm stuck in love." Where did he get that from?

Yesterday afternoon I asked him what he wanted to do until Dad got home and you'll never guess what he said! He looked at me and said "Go for a walk at the mall." Beautiful!

And lastly, he says "Oh my goodness" in response to most things. Needless to say, my days stay pretty interesting. I can't wait to hear what he comes up with today!

10 comments:

Rachelle said...

So...Did you take him to the mall when he said that? I hope when I have a son he wants to do that too! Those sayings are hilarious though, what a cute boy!

Jared & Tristan said...

I love the "it's too late for that" and "I'm stuck in love"
He is so cute!

Nancy said...

Aren't kids just so so fun! Especially that age just cracks me up. They are learning knew things everyday and find the cutest ways to express themselves. Ty sounds like he is a little smarty!

Angie Lewis said...

That's awesome - I love hearing what kids say! Christopher doesn't quite have the phrasing thing down, but he's starting to surprise me more and more with words and two-word phrases now! It's so much fun!

Trent and Whit said...

I love it! Kids say the funniest things! What a smart little man you have :)

Shannon said...

I love the, "It's too late for that!" Hahahah. Can't wait to hear funny things like that from our kids...

Merri Hackett said...

ha h aa walk at the mall. such a good boy!

kalie said...

What a cute little expressive boy he is! No doubt he gets his amazing brains from his parents.

Steve P. said...

My favorite is when I come home every day and he asks, "How's work today, Dad?" It always makes me smile!

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Kids are the best. "Stuck in love?" It is so cute to get insight into a child's mind by the things they say.

Amy