Thursday, June 4, 2009

Has it really been five years?

Five years ago today, Steve and I got married. I'm sort of in awe at how fast the time has gone, and yet I can't remember what it was like to not be married.


I knew that I loved him when I married him, but five years provides a lot of growth. This might sound cheesy (and as Steve constantly reminds me that I like cheese), but I really love him now. At the end of the day, I'm so glad that I'm with my best friend.


In the past five years, we've lived in four states, seven homes, and moved more times than I care to! We've also finished school together and started school again, bought our first home, laughed and cried (well, mostly me) more times than I can count, gone on exploration adventures, and added 1.5 members to our family!

Thank you my dear for being so wonderful. Happy Anniversary, I love you!

11 comments:

Rachelle said...

Happy Anniversary! 5 years...wow! That is so fun!

Angie Lewis said...

Yeah for anniversaries! :) Hope you did something fun to celebrate!

Steve P. said...

You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. It has been a wonderful 5 years... I'm surprised it has been that short, it seems like forever! J/K :) I love you!

Merri Hackett said...

ha ha I like steve's comment. happy anniversary!

Amylee said...

Happy Anniversary! I love this post. It's true that you really don't realize how immature your love was when you got married until you've been married for awhile. (I hope that made sense. I have a hard time getting things out these days!) What a life you guys have had so far- just think about what lies ahead. Crazy! I sure love you two!!!

Shannon said...

Happy Anniversary Guys!! I swear, looking at those pics was such a flashback. That's how I remember you both;) Do you have any pics from our awesome volleyball team? Those red shirts were awesome.

ps, I can't believe you've moved so much. You guys can do anything with all that you've already done behind you.

Trent and Whit said...

Happy Anniversary (a day late)! Hope it was a good one! We love you guys!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary to two of the most amazing people ever!

Kelli said...

It was fun to see your wedding pictures! That was a fun day! I also remember meeting up with you at the Mandarin after you went through the temple. We were waiting for you and Steve to get there and Steve's mom was concerned because she said he gets very cranky if he doesn't eat every three hours. Is that still true, Steve? :)

We love you guys! Can't wait to see you soon! Happy Anniversary!

Dangela said...

You guys are a great couple. I can't think of two people more suited for one another. Happy anniversary!

elise said...

congrats! wow! 5 years is such a milestone, i think. you both look so young in those early pictures (& you still look young & great!).