As any mother with a toddler knows, this is either a good thing or a bad thing. Right now, for example, it is wonderful! Tyler is sleeping and I can enjoy the silence. But, 45 minutes ago, it was a bad thing. I was down making Tyler's lunch and called for him to come down and eat three or four times....no answer. I know Tyler well enough to not expect this,

or even this

, but I knew his silence couldn't be good! I come into my room to see him holding my chapstick. As I walk closer I see his fingers covered in it. Yes, Tyler was indeed sticking his finger into the chapstick and scooping it out with his fingernail to eat it! Nice! After a not too stern scolding from me, he headed downstairs into the kitchen to eat some real lunch. As we're walking Tyler looks up at me and says, "Don't eat the chapstick, it's only for the lips!" My point exactly.
6 comments:
Okay - you seriously gave me a heart attack. Before my brain processed the fact that the boy in the 1st picture doesn't look like Tyler and that the background looks noting like your place, I thought for a split second that Tyler was going to be on an eternal time out. Glad it was only chapstik!!
I agree with the previous comment. I was afraid that little man would be in trouble for the rest of his life, basically. Yes, Tyler. Chapstick is for the lips!!
Hahaha, I guess we are all in the same boat because all I could do was stare at the first picture and think, "I am soooooo sorry." Phew. But still, silence is rarely a good thing with little munchkins.
oh chapstick is bad news. I don't have a tube in the house that hasn't been harassed by Jane. I'm just glad it hasn't made it on to the furniture yet. . .
Haha! That is so funny. I seriously have heard of so many little ones that eat chap stick. My nephew did for a while too. Maybe it soothes going down?
I love it! :) Makes me smile.
Post a Comment