Friday, September 18, 2009

Things that make me happy

1. Haircuts that make me feel sassy again.



2. Project Runway. I've never watched before, but I'm addicted now. Thursday nights at 8:00 are my time!



3. Tyler's many faces.



4. Steve surprising me with a pedicure. I'm going to use it in a week or so, that way my feet look great when she's born! He truly knows the way to my heart.

5. Only having four weeks left. I've already started progressing which makes me feel like there is an end in sight!


6. The changing colors of fall. It is probably my favorite season. The weather is still warm but the nights are cool and everything is colorful!


7. Putting together our baby girl's room. I admit I already go stand in the door and look at the crib, blankets and clothes. Even more, I'm so curious to see what she looks like.


8. Reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I'm only half way done, but what a charming and wonderful book. I can't wait to finish it!

Despite things being ridiculously busy, there really is a lot of good out there. I challenge each of you to think about the things that make you happy!

13 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I was looking at your countdown ticker and thinking back to myself a year ago. I now bestow upon you my power to easily go into labor and have it quick and fairly effortless.

We miss you guys a ton!

Kiersten said...

Cute baby room! I can't wait to meet little Hannah (is that still the name? So cute.) I love your hair, too. I'm so jealous that you can rock short hair like that. I look like a boy. Or a little orphan Chinese girl. I don't know. Anyway, I LOVE that book. It is one of my favorites! I want to read it aloud to Jared, because I laughed my head off while I was reading it. I'm glad you like it too!

Amylee said...

You look so great! Life is good! (Even when you are pretty much lacking a husband). Love the hair, and that Tyler guy is such a little man. Hope to see you very, very soon!

Cassy said...

First of all, I love your blog! The backround and everything is really cute. I am new to the blog world so, I am always looking at people's layouts and such. I got soooooooo excited when you wrote that you love Project Runway!!! My mom and I watch it every week b/c it is really awesome to see the creativity and designs they come up with. I am not a fan of the drama, but that is ok. My favorites are Romane, Athia and the cute dark-haired girl that won the Maternity challenge. If you ever want to chat online about it after a show, I am all yours. Anyway, I also think that you look wonderful for being a second time mommy to be! I love the pix of your little girl's room and am really excited for you. I wish we were still in UT (just sometimes) so we could keep up in person. And so I could meet your little girl soon! But this is good too! Love ya, Cass

Jared & Tristan said...

You look great (your hair and your baby belly)!! Glad you're doing well. Can't wait to see you're little girl!

Jeremy said...

I can't believe that was really you in Brigham City! I kept staring in my mirror thinking that it was, then when I didn't see Tyler I decided that I was wrong. Hopefully we'll see you soon (and know it).

Merri Hackett said...

Cute haircut!!! I can't believe you're almost done! Yeah I can't wait to meet the little princess. :)

Miss Kris said...

I love the sassy bangs! Kathie Lee was right--she always is :) You look adorable as always and I, too, can't wait to meet your baby girl. Also, good riddance Johnny (and hopefully Nicolas soon too)!

kalie said...

I can't believe you're so close! Congrats, and I'm glad you liked the Guernsey book!

Shannon said...

I love your new hair cut! I just got mine cut the other day and it was so nice to have some pampering time from my amazing hair lady.

Also, I cannot believe you are over 36 weeks along! Full term next week!

ps, I only saw one season of Project Runway at a sleepover with some girlfriends, but it was so good. And addicting.

Jared & Tristan said...

Hey! I just found out that your cousin is in our ward! Joseph and Heidi Miller are in the same ward as us. I saw a link to your blog on theirs and had to ask how they knew our awesome friends the Pulleys :)
I hope you're doing great. We miss hanging out with you!

Melinda May said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR!

Dangela said...

We can't wait to see that little girl, too!! Between a sassy new hair cut and cute toes, you are set to bring an absolutely adorable little girl into the world!