Saturday, September 26, 2009

Painting

Any mother of a toddler knows that they are creatures of imitation. It doesn't matter if the child is a little older or younger, but Tyler will copy whatever they are doing. This week I was putting the finishing touches to baby sister's (that's what Tyler calls her) room. That involved painting the letters we put up on her wall. I had barely opened the red when Tyler comes running over and asks "Please get my paints out please." How could I say no to that? Tyler had a blast using the finger paints. He started out just using his index finger, but soon found it was much more fun to cover his hands and go to work. The letters and Tyler's pictures both turned out pretty good!

9 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

That's so fun...I have never tried painting with Christopher. I guess we'll have to try it one of these days. The baby's room looks so cute - now it just needs a baby to go in it! :)

Christina said...

Her room is so cute! It makes me think I should have done more with Bannock's room than I did. Of course, with us moving just 6 weeks before he came, I was just glad to get the crib put together and his clothes put in drawers. Anyway, love what you did with Hannah's haven!

Jared & Tristan said...

What a cute kid!! Love the pictures.

Tory and Elizabeth said...

How cute and fun! Michelle just got to have her first experience with fingerpaints just recently. It is is so much more fun than I remember.

Merri Hackett said...

that's right tyler first on the paper then when your mom isn't looking it's on to little sisters walls :) ha ha only kidding!

Amylee said...

So fun! I just don't trust Will with paints- he's such a menace.
My sister had her baby, and that means YOU'RE NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Tyler is so cute! And I love the baby room. I so admire creative people like you! Good luck in the next few weeks!
Amy

Shannon said...

I think you are giving me a little taste of what is to come in 2 years when I have an active toddler running around!

ps, love the letters. Hannah is so cute.

Banana Blog said...

May I say, great choice on the name! She will be incredible, awesome and amazing I'm sure (I know from experience)
By the way I love your blog!

-Hannah Miller