Anyway, so far this summer we've kept somewhat busy. Tyler is taking swimming lessons. He seriously loves them. I'm impressed by what they are already teaching him so young. The boy has no fear of going under the water, blowing bubbles or floating on his back. The lessons last for two weeks, and I'm sure I'll sign him up for another two weeks.
I got a great deal on a Seven Peaks season pass. I was skeptical taking both kids by myself. After Tyler and Hannah cried for the first 10 minutes there, I was ready to leave. After those ten minutes, both kids were able to relax and enjoy the water.

Hannah is super close to crawling. She easily scoots herself backwards to get where she wants, and just recently started rocking on her hands and knees. I'm NOT ready for her to be crawling. She is also cutting more teeth. She seems to have a harder time than Tyler did. She gets up a few times a night whimpering. Poor girl. She does make the cutest 'teething' face though (the second picture.)
Lastly, Steve and Tyler enjoyed some good Father/Son time this morning and hiked the Y. Tyler got out some good energy. And it gave me a good opportunity to get the house cleaned without interruption.
Oh, what do we do in the summertime? The answer is, what don't we do?
8 comments:
I am VERY impressed that you took two kids to Seven Peaks by yourself. I get a little bit stressed just taking one child! We will have to go to Seven Peaks together some time. Send me an email (amber.handy@gmail.com) and we will chat!
That 2nd picture of Hannah is adorable! Those eyes!!
On the last picture, behind the camera, Daddy is about to have a cardiac arrest.
I'm so glad that Tyler is enjoying swimming lessons so much...he's way ahead of Claire on what he's willing to do (even though she's had 2 sessions). She needs to take a hint from him!
Hannah looks so cute in those jammies. Can't wait to see her up and going (though I know you can!).
And Steve...don't feel bad about your near cardiac arrest. I wouldn't have made it as far as you had when you took that pic. I would probably be laid out flat at the beginning of the trail head.
Oh yeah...and P.S. Where did you get that totally adorable swimsuit for Hannah? I may need to find one just like it for Claire.
Gotta love the Y. My mom put us in swimming lessons every year when we were kids and I'm SO glad she did.
Hannah is so beautiful! And crazy enough, I was about to do a post very similar to this one... I'll have to try to think of some way to make it creative.
You are such an awesome mom, Erin! Your kids are going to have so many wonderful memories. What lucky kids to have such great parents.
Post a Comment