After driving to California three times since Christmas, we decided it was time to fly. The kids did wonderfully and thanks to Dramamine I did great too! We then drove out to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk for some fun family time. A few rides for Tyler, a quick ride on the Giant Dipper for Steve and me, and we were all as happy as could be.

Once the boys left for fishing, we wasted no time getting to the girly stuff. I read These Is My Words again. We watched Jane Eyre, Emma, went shopping, ate cheesecake and stayed up way too late visiting. Thank you Kathy for a wonderful time! One evening, we went to a great park with a full size fire truck and airplane for the kids to play on. Tyler was in heaven. Since we had just been at the airport Tyler said he was flying the airplane to Grandma's house!
The next day we went to Happy Hollow. It is an awesome park in San Jose. This place is worth multiple visits. It has a petting zoo, rides, an actual zoo and the largest play structure I have ever seen. The picture doesn't even show the back part of it. Tyler was beyond excited and Hannah was content to chill in the stroller. That was a great day!

The rest of the days were spent around town, playing outside and relaxing. Tyler played in the sandbox for hours, watched the deer eat apples up on the hill, ran through the sprinkler in his underwear, and followed either Grandma or Grandpa around like their shadow.

While we were there Hannah turned ten months old. She is getting so big. My girl pulls herself to standing, gets into everything she shouldn't and is the sweetest thing you'll meet. Lately she has been so vocal. If she gets upset you can tell she's trying to tell you all about it. I love her!

It is so pleasant there that it makes it even harder coming back to the reality of work, law school, bills and cleaning. It was a true vacation for us!
9 comments:
Your kids are getting so big! I wish I could go to California ONCE a year, let alone multiple times. What a blessing that you are able to make it out there so often. I miss you. Get together SOON?????????????
Ahhhh...makes me want to go back again (which I'm sure I will - just makes those 4 weeks in CA seem so long ago). Every last thing that you mentioned (especially Gayle's and Icing) are reasons that I L-O-V-E where I'm from!! Now officially homesick...
True vacations are heaven! They are the only thing that helped Tory and I survive grad school. So glad you all were able to do some things that were just down right fun!
Wounds like a wonderful trip! I love the pic of Tyler running through the sprinklers in his BVDs!!! :) Kids rock!
Hip hip hooray! I'm glad you had so much fun! :) that little hannah is so cute!
California looks like so much fun...but relaxing too. I keep watching for the post that says you are moving to California! :) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, and flying probably made it a little better too!!
Sounds like so much fun! Glad you had such a great vacation. I cannot believe how big Hannah looks in those last pictures! She sure is growing up fast!
Every time I read your blog it makes me wish that we could be everyday friends :) Too bad we are states away. But if you ever want to visit Michigan.... we could have lots of fun!
Getting away is always great. It looks like a perfect vacation and a great way to relax before school starts again. Good luck to Steve!
Post a Comment