Thursday, September 2, 2010

I look forward

I am the kind of person that likes to have something to look forward to every few weeks. All summer long I have had family reunions, family visits, and vacations to look forward to. Now that summer is coming to a close, I sort of felt like life was going to be boring. WRONG! I realized I have so many wonderful things to look forward to this fall. So, in no particular order, here are some of the things I am excited about:

Tyler going to pre-school twice a week. He started this morning and while he was gone, I was able to do the dishes, go to the post office and the grocery store. I'm going to love it and he already loves it. It's a win-win for us!

Driving through the canyon to see the changing fall colors. It is so beautiful and peaceful. It has always been a tradition for our family.

Brigham City Peach Days. I've gone for as many years as I can remember and probably before that too! I love the booths, carnival, eating at Maddox and of course, fresh peaches.

Seeing all the things that Hannah will discover. Her little (or should I say big) personality is already developing each day. She thinks any running water means bath time and she wants to do everything herself and usually makes a mess doing it.

October's General Conference. Enough said!

Pumpkin patches and corn mazes. It isn't fall until you've walked around a pumpkin patch looking for the perfect carving pumpkin and found cute little decorative pumpkins. I'm smiling just thinking about it!

BYU football. Now, I'll admit, I couldn't tell you much about the team or their likelihood of winning, but I just love vegging on the couch and cheering.

There are many more things I could list, but I'll save that for another time. I love this time of year and everything it brings!

11 comments:

Amylee said...

I love naked baby pictures! So so cute. I love all of these things as well. Fall is my favorite season and it is the ULTIMATE thing that I look forward to. I can't wait for Will's birthday, Monsterfest on AMC, watching The Nightmare Before Christmas, fresh peaches and canning, Shakespeare, and nice cool runs. I might just have to do a post like this as well!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

So awesome. Fall is such a wonderful time, and pumpkin patches are an absolute must. Oh, and I have to admit, that I am very excited for October Conference too! Love your list, it makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, can you're kids be any cuter! Love the handsome photo of Tyler and I LOVE the thighs on Hannah! When she is older, don't tell her I said that! j/k So Cute!

Dangela said...

Amen to everything! This time of year I begin itching for Dracula--it has become my annual fall read, and of course, Halloween (the second best holiday, after Christmas, of course).

I noticed about a week ago that some of the leaves are just beginning to change. Fall is definitely in the air!

Jared & Tristan said...

BYU football today!! Go Cougs!!

Your kids are adorable. I bet Hannah will enjoy the one on one time with you when Tyler is at preschool

kalie said...

I love this post. It has been four years since I've had fall. There is nothing better than the cool, crisp air if a fall morning.

Mike and Lisa said...

I love all the reminders of fall and things to do. I forget and get all caught up on every day stuff...it is nice to have something to look forward too. I love Hannah's little bum...so dang cute!

Shannon said...

Tyler looks so old going to pre-school, like a big kid! And wow, Hannah's bath shot is awesome. Fall in Utah is the best.

Mr. & Mrs Osburn said...

Erin! I can't believe that Tyler is going to pre-school already! Dosen't time just fly by with our kids? I really think I might cry the first day mine goes to school :)

Merri Hackett said...

I love Hannah's little buns! Those are all great things to be looking forward to.

Andrea said...

I love fall too! Isn't preschool time great? I get so much done too! Can't believe our kids are going to preschool!