This year marked a first for me. I canned peaches! I know, how domestic. I had an excellent mentor and 12 wonderful quarts of peaches to show for it. I will most definitely enjoy those peaches this winter when fresh produce is hard to come by.

For those of you who like a delicious and easy side dish for dinner, let me share this recipe with you. It has recently been named Erin's Fresh Peach Whip.
Ingredients:
1 lrg. package Cook & Serve vanilla pudding
1 lrg. package Peach jello
1 regular size container of cool whip
5-6 fresh peaches
Directions:
Mix 3 1/2 cups of water and vanilla pudding in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Once it comes to boil remove from heat and stir in peach jello until dissolved. Pour into a medium tupperware and refrigerate at least 6 hours. Once the jello/pudding mixture is firm, stir in the cool whip. Peel and dice the peaches and mix into the jello pudding mixture. ENJOY (trust me, you will enjoy it)!
And no post would be complete without a mention of my cutest girl. Hannah turned eleven months old today. I told her she needed to stop growing so fast, but I don't know that she will listen. Even with a cold and about to cut four teeth, she is my best girl.
12 comments:
I will for sure try your recipe. I am canning peaches on Tuesday. Tomorrow I am doing tomatoes. Yesterday and today I did jam. I feel REALLY domestic/insane.
Nice looking peaches!! Can I have some?
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that dress on Hannah. Did you know that I'm the one that picked it out (along with the coordinating shrug) for my mom? I thought it was cute when I picked it but it's even cuter on her!
Erin, that strawberry dress is too cute!!!!!!!! I love it! Also, my mouth is watering for some of those peaches - nice work!
I'm so impressed! You'll love the peaches this winter. We just had that Peach Whip for dinner yesterday, and I think I'll be eating it for breakfast this morning.
Hannah is adorable! How is it that she keeps getting cuter?!
I love canning peaches! I do it with my Mom every fall. We canned on Saturday- we did 54 quarts in just under 4 hours! I couldn't believe how fast we were able to do it! Next year you'll be able to do 24 quarts in no time :). Hannah is adoreable- as always. I love her strawberry dress. I can't believe next month she's ONE!
Please teach me how to can peaches, or really anything. Such a valuable skill.
And Hannah's pictures kill me! That strawberry dress is adorable.
Home canned peaches are the BEST! I just got done canning some myself. I will definitely have to try the peach whip with some of my leftovers. It sounds delicious.
That's so funny. . . I sang that exact song while I was canning peaches this year! mmmmm peaches. . . I can't believe Hannah is almost a year old!! time flies. What a cutie!
How funny that a few of us sang that song while canning peaches! I love to can and am glad your family is doing well. I can not believe Hannah will be one in less than a month! Your kids are beautiful and so are you and Steve! Miss you! Lots of Love. Jess
Good job on canning your peaches...they look so yummy! I can't wait to try your recipe.
I love, love peaches. To me, they epitomize summer. And this recipe looks so good!
Nice job, Erin! I'm proud. You will have to come join Elizabeth & I for our canning adventures next summer. We do a lot of canning together--it makes it a lot of fun to set off all the work!
Post a Comment