Steve- He assured me I'd see him more his last year of school. So far, that isn't true. He has been incredibly busy with school finishing up a 30+ page paper, IP Moot Court competition (which he won and is going to regionals in California), and reading for class each day. Work has also kept him busy. He works two days a week in Salt Lake. Last week he didn't come home until 3:15 in the morning. I'm sure proud of him.
Tyler- Tyler is energetic. I'm not sure what else to say. He's been testing my patience lately. I hope it is just a phase. I can tell he is exhausted each night when he goes to bed. As for the picture below, he was totally sleeping that way! However, he snuggled with me this morning. He has a good soul . Tyler is loving pre-school and Sunbeams. He is starting to sound out words on signs. It is wonderful to see him succeed.

Hannah- This girl is my saving grace sometimes. She gives me snuggles, kisses, and back rubs. She is starting to say more words like star, sock, and shoe. She can see almost any animal and tell you what sound it makes. Our favorites are her lizard and fish. Hannah loves to play games, look at books, open any drawer she can find, and follow Tyler around. Her personality is emerging and it is happy with a hint of spunk! She has started giving dirty looks to us when she isn't satisfied. We mostly laugh and try to get her to give them more!

Erin- I'm just trying to stay on top of things. I'm not going to lie, "single" parenthood has had its moments. Thankfully I have help from family and from above. I find sanity in playing volleyball each week. I am also loving running right now. My longest is 9.4 miles. I am getting quite excited for the half marathon in April. I'm seeing that I am worth investing time in myself and I can do hard things (not limited to running). Even though they test my limits, my family is the most important thing to me.
So that is the Pulley's life in a nutshell. I hope each of you have a great day!
8 comments:
I was just thinking about you today and was going to post on our blog- "Where are you Erin? Are you okay?" So, I'm very happy to see you update. I miss you so and I can't wait for next Monday. For some reason it feels like this meeting has taken a long time to get here. Your family is the sweetest. So proud of Steve! What a smart guy you married. You guys are going to create worlds together. Literally. What a power couple. Your kids can always make me smile. Tyler is 3, and 3 is SO HARD. Soon he'll be four and you'll be so amazed at how grown up he is suddenly. And that Hannah. She needs to hang out with Annie so Annie can have a good example :). You are so important! I'm so glad that you are finding time for yourself even when you are a single parent. (I think that is why it is so important- you need to recharge your batteries for a minute because they are getting drained double time. Right?)
Wow. Sorry for the long comment. I must love you or something.
oh my goodness...that picture of tyler is hilarious. i can't believe he fell asleep that way! and hannah...she couldn't be any cuter. we sure miss you guys! and one day i'll open a shop, i keep telling spencer i want to do it! maybe i should just do it ;-)
Wow Steve is BUSY!!! :) But luckily school will be over soon! Tyler & Hannah sure are cuties!
I think 3 is the hardest age. They want to be in charge, and they are harder to control. Four is great, and he is almost there!
I am so impressed with your running. I've always hated it and have not gone further than a 5K (with lots of walking during it). How pathetic is that?
You have such a good attitue. Parenthood IS hard, and I heard a quote recently, which you also said, that I really liked: "I can do hard things." That determination can help us get through challenges. The other one I love is, "This, too, shall pass." Hang in there, and enjoy your kids while they are still little (which I can tell you are). Mine are growing up way too quickly!!
I think boys are full of energy, a little too much. Sometimes I think my little bay is going to make me "crazy" literally:) I too hope it is a phase, he is only 2 and I just keep hearing that 3 is worse, yikes. Anyhow it looks like your doing great and you look amazing!
I can't help but notice how at every age boys and girls seem to be so different! Boys have that crazy energy and girls are more calm but seem to be more emotional. It's so nice you have one of each to balance it all out :)
You are doing awesome on your running! Keep it up and wish we lived closer so we could do long runs together. I've found talking throughout a long run makes it go by much more quickly.
I totally know what you mean about single parenthood. Haha. Your kids are adorable though, seriously. It was fun to get to play volleyball with you this season!
Keep it up, Erin! You are amazing!!
Post a Comment