Monday, April 25, 2011

Graduation, Turning 30, and Easter

Last weekend was one of the busiest weekends EVER. I will start with Friday. That was a great day. First we went to the Carl Bloch exhibit at the BYU Museum of Art. They have a wonderful exhibit of his paintings of Christ. It was humbling and uplifting at the same time. I encourage all of you to make it there!

Also that day Steve graduated from law school!!! I'll admit, I must have cried at least four times that day. I dare you to find a wife more proud. ;) Steve looked so handsome in his graduate student regalia! Law school was hard and stressful, and I know it was even more so for Steve. But the great thing about my husband is, he never complained. He really didn't complain about his load ever. That's just another thing that makes me proud of him! It was nice to have our family there to support Steve. Steve and I keep saying that it doesn't feel real yet. I have a feeling I am going to like being done with school!

The next event was Saturday, it was Steve's 30th Birthday! We had a little party with friends from the law school. Happy Birthday my dear. I look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you.

Then we come to Easter Sunday. We spent the day with my mom, Steve's parents, and two of his siblings and their families. It was a wonderful day. I'd like to say that I got some ridiculously cute pictures of the kids in their Easter outfits, but that would be a lie. They were so wiggly! Steve kept telling me, "It is more real this way." Unfortunately all I got were "real" pictures. Tyler and Hannah of course loved the Easter egg hunt. Hannah caught on really quickly to the idea of finding a yummy treat then looking for the next one!

It is going to take me a few days to recover from the crazy busy weekend, but it was time well spent!

15 comments:

Ken Roberts said...

Congrats, this is such an exciting time of life for you guys. Yeah! No more school!

Happy Graduation!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Easter!
Happy life!

(I can't tell who is signed in, so just in case Ken's is...this is really Nancy,)

Trent and Whit said...

Wow! You did have quite a weekend!! Congrats to both you and Steve on his graduation. You made it!!!!!!! That is a HUGE accomplishment. Also, Happy Birthday Steve. The big 3-0, huh? good times.
And you kids look so sweet in their Easter outfits. (and don't worry about the perfect picture---I don't think anyone gets one on Easter, what with the kids all hopped up on sugar and all :)

Danae Curtis said...

Wiggly or not, those kids look adorable! So glad we could come and help you celebrate! We're going to miss you guys.

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Perfection! End of one chapter, beginning of another, and a beautiful holiday too! And by the way, real pictures are the only way to go.

Amylee said...

I bet it was one of the best weekends of your life! Your husband is a LAWYER!!!! How awesome is that? The kids are adorable, as usual, and I think that Annie and Hannah should share a wardrobe. I'm excited to see where the next part of your lives takes you.

Mike and Lisa said...

Congrats on graduation!!! Looks like you guys had a great weekend!!

Kiersten said...

Yay! That's so exciting! I love that he graduated right in time for his 30th birthday--I'm sure it's one he won't forget!

Anne said...

Steve's smile says it all in those photos. He looks truly ecstatic!! I also love Tyler's cheeser smile in the top middle pic. It is awesome! Glad it was such a great weekend, and I wish I could've been there with you. xoxo

Angie Lewis said...

Wow, congrats! It is definitely crazy once it's all over. What are you guys going to do next?

Jared & Tristan said...

Congrats to Steve and all of you on graduating!! How exciting, and what a great gift for his 30th birthday!! Glad you had such a great weekend celebrating so many wonderful things!

Christina said...

Congrats on everything!!

Miss Kris said...

We are so proud of Steve too! He really is amazing and I always admire his positive outlook on life.

Also, Tyler's blazer is KILLING me!!

Merri Hackett said...

So exciting!!! congrats again to Steve on turning the big 3 - 0 and graduating!!

kalie said...

Wahoo! So exciting. I love the picture of you with your little twin girl. You are both so beautiful.

elise said...

You, my dear, deserve a medal. A big shiny medal in the form of some sparkly jewelry. You are supermom/wife.