It started off by attending BYU Women's Conference with my mom and sister. While I'm not the kind of person to get all sappy about "bonding as women", it is uplifting to attend classes that strengthen me as a wife, mother and daughter of God. We try to attend every few years, and I always love the time I get to spend with Kristin and my mom.

We also celebrated finally being able to put Hannah's hair in pigtails. Now if only she would keep her bows in! Notice the only way we could get a picture of her was to literally corner her. Wiggly girl! I can't complain though, she officially loves nursery after only two weeks.

On my birthday I was able to have a combined family party with Steve. Now that we are parents, it is a good thing we have a lot of helpers to get our presents open! Among the loot were a month's worth of date nights with babysitting by my mom, a seriously awesome handmade purse by my sister, a Kindle from my honey, and a lot of texts and well-wishes. Funny story: I told Tyler I wanted him to listen all day for my birthday. He looked at me and said, "For my birthday, I just want a present." Little does he know that obedient children is the best gift of all!
(isn't this purse the cutest ever!?!)
To finish my birth week celebrations, I had a great lunch today with my husband. We tried to ignore the kids and focus on each other! If only it were that simple. Now it is back to being a responsible mommy again. Speaking of which, I need to go change the laundry;)
12 comments:
That handmade purse is awesome! Hope you had a great birthday.
I WANT ONE!!! That purse is totally DARLING! I may have to talk/pay her into making one for me.
Isn't it exciting when you can suddenly do more with a little girl's hair? She looks so cute!
Such a cute purse! Some people are so talented. I'm glad you are having a good birth week. I thought of that today (even before I hopped on your blog). I think it's a novel idea. Missed you today!
Amen to everything you said! It helps that you have such cute taste in fabric :) It was so fun to celebrate your birth week with you!!
Happy Happy Birth Week my dear friend!!! What way wonderful ways to celebrate such an amazing person. And yes that purse is adorable!
Happy birthday(week)! Love the purse, so cute. You look so great & happy! Must be the stress of no more school! :)
Birth week---I used to have a birth month until Jane was born. Now I'm down to one day :) oh well. Glad you had a wonderful week. I love you lots and am so glad you were born! (p.s. that purse Kristen made is AWESOME!!!)
Good job on the purse, sister! Love it. I'm glad your bday was happy. I have a present for you, which I'll hand over at FTC. Love ya!
Happy Birthday! Im with ya on the birth week...I make sure we celebrate mine all week too! haha. That purse is aweseome!
Happy belated birthday!
Glad you had a good birthweek :) That purse if fantastic! Your sis did an amazing job. And free babysitting for a whole month's worth of date nights... I can't even say how jealous I am of that ;)
Glad you had a great week!
i am in love with that purse...can your sister be my sister? happy birthday....a few days late, no wait right in time to spread out birth week right? anyway, let me know when you guys move up this way and we can get together.
Post a Comment