Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My reasons why

There are many reasons why I love this country. I can't imagine living in a place that restricts my freedom, faith or family. It is a blessing to live here, despite what others complain about. Putting all of that aside, I love living in the United States of America because I am able to feel pride on the 4th of July (even if I do roll my eyes at a certain Neal Diamond song!) I am able to have a grand time at a too-long parade with my family, watching Tyler plug his ears at the loud fire engines. In America I can run a 5k in the streets of my hometown with my two best friends (Steve and Whitney) and walk to and from the festivities and feel safe.

I love large family dinners with the adults laughing and kids running around. I love seeing Tyler and Hannah wonder at the sights and sounds of the fireworks. I love spending the day with the people that matter most. I feel it a privilege to live in this country. I appreciate those who keep me and my family safe, and thank Heavenly Father for blessing me to live where I do.

7 comments:

Amylee said...

As much as I LOVE the 4th of July in Wyoming, I still miss the Kaysville festivities. Maybe next year I can run that 5K with you. So much fun! I love this holiday!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Thank you! This is a great country and we truly are blessed with all our many freedoms we enjoy.

Shannon said...

Your little family is adorable... you are getting me excited for our guy to have a little sister also.

Hope you and Steve are enjoying the summer sans school! Must feel so nice to be done.

Merri Hackett said...

Cute pics! Looks like you had a fun weekend. ;)

Heidi Miller said...

Looks like so much fun! Your family is SO cute!

Trent and Whit said...

Amen! Thanks for letting me spend the 4th with you! I had a blast!!!

Greg and Abbey said...

Happy Belated Anniversary (I see on your blog that you've been married 7yrs and 1 month!) That's soooo awesome. You guys look like you're doing great. I sure miss you all. Wish you lived closer. Take care, Abbs