Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Truly Happy Halloween

Yesterday we truly had a happy day. It started with a half naked Tyler waking us up asking if it was time to get his costume on yet. I can't tell, but I think he was excited!

Next we had Steve's official swearing in to become an attorney. So yesterday was officially the end of our journey for Steve to become a Patent Lawyer! Can I get a hip hip hooray! Feel free to start calling him Stephen Pulley, Esquire.

To finish off the day came my cute kids in their cute costumes. Tyler initially wanted to be a a ninja, followed by a skeleton, and finally decided he wanted to be a knight (because they have swords). I was glad I hadn't started working on his ninja costume when he changed his mind! He is quite a dashing knight! Tyler had the "Trick-or-Treat" part down, but needed reminding on the "Thank you" part. I was surprised but he willingly came home after about an hour, mostly because he was itching to eat some of his treats!

Then there is my cute little witch. After the first house, she clutched the candy in her hand and didn't dare let go of it! Her costume was my favorite! I couldn't find tights her size, so I had to fabric spray the leggings with stripes and I made her cape. The costume turned out cuter than I hoped. Hannah quickly mastered taking a piece of candy from someone and would say thank you. At one point last night as we were walking to the next house, she was whispering to herself, "halloween! halloween!" She also loved her hat, and if it fell off she would yell, "Hannah's witch,"which apparently meant her hat.

We finished off the night by letting the kids (and adults) eat a few treats and reading It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Overall, it was a fabulous Halloween!

10 comments:

Steve P. said...

It was a great Halloween! I enjoyed spending it with you and the kids.

Rachelle said...

How exciting!!! Congrats!!

And your kids look darling (like always). I love the cape! Maybe you should make me one! haha

Jared & Tristan said...

So glad you had a great day! Your kids are so cute! And YAY for Steve officially being a Patent Lawyer!

Tory said...

Hip hip HOORAY!!! Having Steve be officially done must be wonderful! And those are definitely some of cutest trick-or-treaters ever.

Tory and Elizabeth said...

The above commented is supposed to be from me. I didn't realize I was signed in under Tory's name. But I am sure he would agree whole heartedly.

Amylee said...

My favorite picture on this post is the one with the label "Steve's Hand"! Ha ha! How cool to have an end. I'm very much looking forward to that day.

You are the costume maker extraordinaire! Both of the kids look fabulous. So cute to hear that Hannah called her hat "Hannah's witch."

elise said...

Go Steve! Go Erin! Most supportive/awesome wife EVER! Cute kids!

Greg and Abbey said...

Happy Halloween and Happy Holidays! :) Adorable family pictures and costomes. You look fantastic, by the way. I am very bumbed that you no longer live near by :( Hopefully someday. Hope all is well. We are 8 months pregnant now :) Excited for the little boy to join our family...and no name yet. We will decide when he comes.

Dangela said...

HIP HIP HOORAY, Steve! Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you guys.

The kids are adorable--I love their costumes.

kalie said...

You're gorgeous! And yay for Steve! The kids look adorable in their costumes. I don't know how I missed this post, but I love it. Hannah is cute! I want to hold her.