Monday, April 9, 2012

A whirlwind of weeks

I swear the past month has flown by. To make a long story short, we've had a funeral, house guests for a week, a week long road trip to Phoenix, and Easter. That is all in addition to preschool, the gym, grocery shopping, church meetings and all the daily doings. I feel like I haven't really had a chance to exhale!

Over Spring Break I went down with the kids to Phoenix to see my sister and meet my new sweetest niece. My mom was nice enough to drive down with me. It was great for the cousins to be together. I LOVED snuggling Sophie. And of course the weather was simply splendid! We ate good food, sat around and chatted, watched good shows, and relaxed.


I was all set to drive home myself with the kids on Friday morning. I was sort of dreading the long drive, but was geared to go. However, Thursday night Steve surprised me by walking into Jay & Kristin's house. No joke, I cried for two minutes straight. I believe I asked him "are you serious?" to which he replied, "No, I'm just kidding!" So we stayed an extra day and played at the park, ate AMAZING pizza at Grimaldi's and laughed so hard we cried. A true vacation!

We got home late the night before Easter. Like I said, a whirlwind! The kids actually let us take pictures of them. I think because we told them they couldn't find their Easter baskets until they gave us a good picture! Tyler must have a homing device on him, because he found his basket pretty easily the first place he looked. Hannah found hers the second place. Both kids loved their candy...of course!


After a wonderful day at church, we found Easter eggs outside at Grandma's house, dyed eggs for the first time and ate a delicious dinner. It was the perfect way to relax and unwind from the past few weeks. We were able to spend time together remembering our Savior. It was a very Happy Easter!

7 comments:

Jared & Tristan said...

Sounds like a fun month! And what a great surprise! Jared did that to me once, I thought I was spending the week visiting family and one of the days Jared came walking in my grandma's front door! Vacations are so much better when your hubbie is there :)

I love your kid's Easter outfits! Adorable!

Christina said...

We have been crazy busy, too! At least you've gotten around to blogging... I'm still working on it. :)

Amylee said...

So cute! Whirlwind indeed. Glad you survived and I'm so happy was able to be a white night and rescue you!

Heidi Miller said...

It sounds like you have had a lot of fun. Hannah is sooooo adorable. Something about her reminds me of Kristen. What a darling family!

Merri Hackett said...

How awesome of Steve to surprise you like that! Wes would never do something like that...never. :) All the pictures are so cute! You Pulley's clean up nicely.

Trent and Whit said...

Go Steve!!! What a wonderful surprise! I love that pic of your mom with all her Grandkids--priceless! And Tyler sure looks dapper in his Easter suit! Watch out ladies!!! (of course, Hannah is cute as always).

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Okay, not sure why, but that picture of your niece at the beginning gave me a bit of a shock. I thought you were saying you had a baby and I was trying to figure out how I could have missed that tidbit of info. Phew, I have not lost all my marbles yet.

I have to tell you it did my heart good for you to say that you cried when you realized Steve had come, I would have totally done the same thing!