Monday, June 4, 2012

Eight is Great!

Eight years ago today, I married this guy:

(This is actually the first time I "kissed" Steve...we lost playing a game against his cousin Sam and my friend Shannon and the losers had to kiss each other on the cheek! Thanks Shannon for coming up with that idea!)

 I remember thinking the day we got married that I had no idea what was in store for us as a family. And I still don't know what life will bring us. I'm just blessed beyond measure that I have someone to share my life with. I think it is safe to say that when any of us get married, we are in the "infatuation" stage of love. Now that I'm older, I feel like my love for my husband has matured. He still makes me laugh and treats me with the same love and respect he did when we met, but I feel like we have "grown up" together. After seven moves, three degrees, four states, and two children, we have come to rely on each other.

When we were engaged, I remember people telling us that marriage was going to be work. To be perfectly honest, the first four years were a breeze. It was a smooth easy transition for us. But in the last few years, I've come to understand what they meant. If we don't make time for each other and work towards making the other person happy and stay connected, it will never happen. It is a conscious effort to let the other person know you love and appreciate all they do.

How do I know I married the right man for me? At the end of the day he is still the person I want to talk to most. He is still my best friend. I love you Steve. Thanks for eight years of wonderful!

9 comments:

Steve P. said...

Happy Anniversary, Babe! I love you very much and am so glad I married you. I guess I'll keep you around for a while longer...

kalie said...

Happy anniversary, you two!

Amylee said...

What a great post. Love definitely changes over the years, but that doesn't mean that it isn't better now than it was when we were first married. Happy anniversary! Hope you have a great time celebrating together.

Suzie said...

Oh my gosh...he looks so young in that first picture!! At least he'd gotten rid of his jr. high chub by then. :) I'm glad you married him, too...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I loved this post! Happy 8 years Pulleys!

Trent and Whit said...

Love it! Love you! glad you still love each other :) Happy Anniversary!

Dangela said...

Happy Anniversary you two! It just keeps getting better.

Dangela said...

Happy anniversary, you two. It just keeps getting better!

Shannon said...

Wait, I just saw this! Did I suggest that? I honestly have no recollection of that in my mind. I am SO glad we all had volleyball together and that you guys found each other. You guys are wonderful!!