Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Things I learned in California

We just got home from a week long vacation to Steve's hometown. His parents were generous enough to let us stay with them. Of course the men went off to fish for the week, so the women stayed home and played hard. It was a great week of relaxation, shopping, site seeing, and spending time with family. Here are a few things I learned over the past week:

1. Tyler and Hannah love time with their Grandmas! I think all kids have a special place in their hearts for their Grandmas.














2. Hannah is afraid of feeding goats. Who knew? I love that she is clinging to my mom for dear life. Yet, she was perfectly fine to brush the goat.














3. Dieting on vacation is for sissies! Here is a short list of the delicious food I ate during our week visit: ice cream, kettle corn, fruit tarts, spinach and gorgonzola pasta, snicker doodle cookies, a cookie sundae from Ghirardelli square, cheesecake, and more...much more!

4. Tyler and Hannah can get along...some of the time. The perfect phrase to sum up their interaction is "monkey see, monkey do." Hannah will do whatever Tyler does...good or bad. Tyler loves the power!














5. Tyler is a true engineer. We rode the cable car in San Francisco and he was more interested in watching the conductor and gears than he was seeing the beautiful sights of the city. Also, we stopped at Ghirardelli Square for dessert and he was fascinated by the machines that make the chocolate. He turned to my mom and said, "I want to work here!" My mom asked, "So you can have the chocolate?" Tyler replied, "No, so I can make the machines that make the chocolate!"

6. I want a bathtub filled with pillows for our playroom. This is the cutest bookstore, and such a great idea!

7. We wished Daddy was in each of these pictures, but are glad he had a great time with his dad and brother fishing.

  












A huge thank you to Doug and Kathy for a wonderful vacation!

7 comments:

kt said...

What a fun trip to have both grandmas together :) I recognize lots of those places, but where is the darling bookstore with the pilow tub?? I need to check that out for sure!

Erin said...

It is at Hicklebee's bookstore.

Jared & Tristan said...

Grandmas are the best! Looks like you had a fun trip!

Amylee said...

Tyler is a smarty pants! I bet he will be an engineer just like his Dad. It looks like you guys had so much fun. I can't wait to visit California again some day with my kids.

Trent and Whit said...

Looks like a fun trip! (didn't even know you were going to Cali. . .) That's awesome Mama Thurgood went! And I WANT that bathtub reading spot. Genius!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

So jealous! What a fun filled week. Food, Family, and Sight Seeing are the best! And Ghiradellie Square is one my favorite places on earth, for the chocolate that is. :)

Dangela said...

You guys have sooo much fun!