Sunday, January 27, 2013

Careful, these are an expectant woman's thoughts!

I was gently reprimanded by my sister in law that I've been neglecting my blog. This isn't news to me. I felt like there wasn't much to post. I could post Christmas pictures, or write about my mothering woes and follies, but I figured most people had better things to do than hear about the mundane things in my life. And since I felt like nothing big was happening, I chose not to write at all.

I supposed those aren't valid excuses. Nonetheless, I guess I'll write about what I've been thinking about lately. These are in no particular order, as I am pregnant and my thoughts are all jumbled most of the time anyway! 

1. Depending on the day I am excited beyond words, or nervous and overwhelmed at the prospect of three kids and meeting sweet baby sister. I have to remind myself that there are going to be great days and days where I want to quit. I need to take things one day at a time. I am also having the hardest time deciding on a name for baby sister. The name I really like gets either a hot or cold reaction. She will probably be Baby Girl Pulley in the hospital for a while! (P.S. The name I really like is Nora.)

2. Tyler has his first two loose teeth. I don't think a child has ever been so excited to have loose teeth. He's told the pizza delivery guys, the clerks at the store, and all his friends at school. How did he grow up so much?  In a way I feel like I've blinked and all of the sudden he's almost six. Part of me wants my kids to stay young and innocent forever. The other part of me can't wait for them to grow up and make their own choices. I guess I'm learning to take the time to play Candy Land for the third time in a row, or I will miss this most important time.

3. Pregnancy is really hard on my self esteem. I'm just going to be honest, it's not my favorite. Now, don't think that pre-pregnancy I walked around feeling like I was hot stuff. But we all have those days where we look in the mirror and think "not bad!" I never have those days now.

4. I love my husband. He is my best friend. Steve supports me, loves me, compliments me, and forgives me. He works so hard that I truthfully think I'd lose myself if I worked as hard as he does. He is genuine, pure in heart, a good listener, confident, and makes time to play with the kids...all of these make him super hot in my book!

Now, there are many more things I could write about. For example, I could write about my love of the show Castle, how shaving your legs in the winter is pointless, or how much I love hearing my kids laugh (as long as it isn't when doing something they aren't supposed to), but I'll spare you! At least until my next post!

8 comments:

Anne said...

Yay!! I always enjoy your posts. Looking forward to the ones on Castle, leg shaving, and laughing kids. (Entertain us with the naughty stuff they do, too!) Hope you're feeling well. Let the countdown begin...even if it is a little early. :-) xoxo

elise said...

Nora! Do it! Love it!!!

Amylee said...

Pregnancy is hard! It is the truth though that our husbands think we look beautiful with our round bodies. Plus it's neat to remember the purpose (it helps that the baby kicks you so that you remember). Only 2 1/2 more months!

I only shave my legs when I have a doctor's appointment.

I love the name Nora, and I love the name Leah. People have been making fun of the name Paige around me of late and I more or less want to punch them in the mouth. Sometimes names have to grow on people I think.

I miss you! Can't wait for our next meeting.

Angie Lewis said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. Three kids is definitely an adventure, I won't lie! :) At least you have one in school. And oh, how I remember the days of pregnancy and feeling like I never looked good. I don't love being pregnant either (though I try to remind myself that I am TRULY GRATEFUL that I can have children!). It's for a good cause! :) And you will get back to looking "not bad" (though in reality you definitely look better than you are giving yourself credit for)! :)

Suzie said...

1. You look amazing pregnant. Stop thinking otherwise.
2. I've never played Candy Land with my kids...you're a good mom.
3. I love Castle, too.
4. Shaving in the winter IS pointless.
5. You forgot to mention Downton Abbey.
6. You're ahead of me on blogging for this year....one of these days (or weeks) I'll post.

LOVE YOU!!!

kalie said...

Hey lovely lady. You always look so pretty and put together when I have seen you. I know what you mean about feeling slumpish when pregnant, but I promise that everyone is thinking how great you look.

Sorry I misspelled Nora before! I love it. We kept Isaac's name a secret which prevented any weird comments. We sort of outed Eva early by accident. No one has said anything rude--it gets a pretty positive reaction, but I still wish we had kept it a secret.

Miss you. Isaac asked about Hannah the other day. Can't wait to get back to Utah

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Wow, I miss you and your family. I love your thoughts, mainly because they are real life and real life is awesome. And definitely post about Castle (that show rocks), the pointlessness of shaved legs (I should have been European), and laughing kids (even if it is naughty).

Merri Hackett said...

I feel the same way!! :)