Yesterday afternoon, my beloved grandmother passed away. I had the privilege of being there with my mom and aunt as she was welcomed with open arms by her husband. My grandma was 90 years old and had lived longer than her husband, mother and father, siblings, and one son. It was a truly tender and special moment in my life that I will never forget.
My grandma was loving, intelligent, and didn't take any slack from any of her seven children. She was the kind of grandma that let me eat ice cream with my lunch and dinner. I loved her dearly, but have no doubt that she is happier now than she has been in the 14 years since my grandpa died.
6 comments:
Sorry to hear about your loss, but glad to know she is in a better place now.
I'm also sorry for your loss! I'm glad she's reunited with her husband!
Oh, Erin. I am so sorry. I'm sure you will treasure the fact that she lived so close to you, and you were able to build go many great memories with her. The gospel makes times like these so much easier. I love you and I'll keep your family in my prayers. (As a sidenote, what a handsome couple your grandparents were!)
Love you more than you could know.
Amylee
Erin,
I'm so sorry to hear this news. What a beautiful tribute to her, though. I remember your her from being at your house in high school and college and a year and a half ago at your baby shower. How is your mom doing? We will keep you and your family in our prayers. love you
Whit
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma, it is so weird because I was actually thinking about her the other day for no reason, I loved your Grandma, and she will definately be happier with your Grandpa.
I am so sorry for your loss. We have been going through this with Drostan's grandma this past week. It's bitter sweet isn't it?
My prayers for your family during this time.
(((hugs)))
Post a Comment