Monday, October 6, 2008

Working mom!

So last week I started my new job at BYU. I assist the course manager for Biology 100. As reluctant as I was to start working again, and leaving Tyler, and trying get everything done, this new job is a blessing. I got to set my own hours (only 20 a week), and I get paid more than I did my first job out of college! I also get disounted everything on campus...including sporting events. None of this would be possible if it weren't for Ashley. THANK YOU for watching Tyler. You saved me!

This is a new tag from my friend Jenn! What can I say, I'm bored at work.

I am: at work and wishing I were home
I think: about so many random things
I know: being a Mom is the most important thing I'll ever do
I want: Steve to be done with school already (I'm in for a long 3 years!)
I dislike: people who treat others with less respect than they deserve
I miss: my grandma especially
I fear: hobo spiders (thanks Suzie!)
I feel: pretty content with things
I hear: the sound of the heater and my boss working (maybe I should be!)
I smell: very little with my cold :(
I crave: walking and any kind of cheese
I cry: at least once a week, mostly for no reason or a stupid commercial
I search: for new friends and experiences
I wonder: what the future holds for my family
I regret: the first three months of my Senior year (Amy, you know why!)
I love: my family
I care: more about my family than anything else
I always: make the bed
I worry: about how to raise Tyler
I am not: the best cook, but I'm trying
I remember: so many good things about my grandma
I believe: in the peace the gospel brings
I dance: with Tyler to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse songs
I sing: only when no one will really be able to single me out, or in the car with Tyler. He loves the ABC's, itsy bitsy spider, etc.
I don’t always: floss my teeth
I argue: with anyone who doesn't think Mr. Darcy is the greatest ;)
I write: thank you notes to people just because everyone loves a little note by surprise!
I win: every speed card game everytime...no joke!
I lose: strategy games to Steve, but hey, he's an engineer
I wish: to always fit into my skinny jeans
I listen: to classical music almost exclusively
I don't understand: the concept of $700 billion
I am scared: to lose my family
I need: to excercise today, I ate WAY too much this Conference weekend
I forget: I've already told people the same stories.
I am happy: when I am with Steve and Tyler

I now tag Whitney, Ashley L., Janelle and Tristan

8 comments:

kalie said...

Cute tag! I didn't know you were working! Sad to leave your little man! How is Steve?

Amylee said...

That's a fun tag! I respond with:
-Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog!
-The first three months of high school weren't THAT bad. If you get to do it over again, just pick someone else :o).
-I'll beat you at speed anytime, anyplace.
-I love you so much! It did my soul good to see you last week.

sNick said...

I know some cheeses that would make you never crave cheese again. Weird that you AND Kalie are both obsessed with it. And I think I know why you regret those first three months of your Senior year, too. I had math class with you that year...and he was most recently spotted working at Subway after robbing baskin robbins with a butcher's knife. Long story. I hope he's not reading this.

Erin said...

He'd better not be reading this!!!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I love the tag. It made me laugh for you to say that you are not a good cook, because I aspire to be have your cooking skills someday. I am also so happy that you found a job that fits your needs. It is sooo hard to work when all you want is to be a mom, but I keep telling myself it will be so worth it once school is done.

Trent and Whit said...

I don't usually like tags but I LOVED reading this one. (the Coldplay music in the background didn't hurt either) As for you always winning at speed. . .this is true. still makes me mad :) I'm so glad that you were able to get such a wonderful job. blessings, blessings. I love you more than my luggage. hope you know that.

Andrea said...

So sorry you have to go back to work, but I guess if you do it is a good thing that it is a place you like and a job you like. We miss you guys and funny little Tyler, I am sure he is talking sooo well now.

Andrea said...

Cute tag! I can relate to a lot of those things you said, like not understanding the concept of $700 billion. It was fun to see you guys, as always. Good luck with your new job. I've been where you are too, and it will be ok :)