Thursday, January 8, 2009

Things are looking up...we hope!

So it is only eight days into the 2009 year and we've had quite the start. While I realize that my life is blessed in many ways, there are some things you wish don't happen to you.

Starting New Year's Day and on, all three of us have had the stomach flu in various forms. That was a nice way to spend the first four days of the year!

Next Steve started a new semester and already has so much reading; even more than last semester. I was surprised how much reading he had to do on the first day of class. I guess we all got used to no school over the break.

And early this morning Steve wakes me up to inform me that at church basketball, he sprained his ankle. BAD! Our morning was spent getting five different X-rays and meeting with an orthopedic surgeon. He is in a lovely boot (that scares Tyler), and will be for at least a week. Of course it is his right foot, so no driving! The next two weeks will be interesting. I'm just grateful that it isn't broken.


Trying to look on the bright side, I got my hair cut and it is so easy. So when we had to rush to the doctor's this morning, it was nice to run my fingers through it and be done. I am also thankful to have a little boy that didn't mind sitting in his stroller for an hour while we talked to the doctor.

As far as the rest of 2009 goes, it can only go up from here! Right?

14 comments:

Merri Hackett said...

WOW so much has happened since I saw you on Wednesday night!!!! :0)

Kandyce said...

That's the way to think...POSITIVE! It can only get better! I'm sorry you guys haven't had the best start to the year. But your hair looks FABULOUS! I love it! I wish I could pull that look off.

Amylee said...

I can sympathize! Remember last year on December 27th when we were hit with the flu and I ended up in the hospital? Let's just say I will never go without a flu shot again. I'm glad you all seem to be feeling better.

Your hair is super sexy! As always... I really want to play with you, so if Whitney can't get together next Friday we should still plan on it. Deal?

Kiersten said...

Yikes. What a week. However, the hair is very, very cute.

Trent and Whit said...

cute stinkin' hair Erin! Poor Steve. and poor scared Ty. Sounds like a rough start to the new year. Hope things start going better! love you!

Shannon said...

Wow I cannot believe all that has happened to you guys... truly this means it can only get better, right?

On the upside, I love your hair cut... very sophisticated!

Lu said...

Your hair is way cute short!! You think I am brave, I would never dare cut mine that short. . .now that takes guts.

elise said...

your hair cut looks great on you!

Rachelle said...

Oh man...that is quite the start of a new year...hey, well at least it will get better! Your hair is super cute though!

Andrea said...

I love your hair Erin that is sooo cute! Anyway what a rough start hopefully this isn't a sign of what the whole year is going to be like!

Kelli said...

1. awesome hair
2. i met your brother-in-law's brother-in-law briefly today at church
3. i need to get mom-organizing lessons from you

just thought you'd like to know :)

Drostan and Jennifer said...

Darling hair! That boot brings back memories, and not good ones! Glad it will be better soon. Here's to a better rest of the year!

Margie said...

Hi Erin, it was so good to get your comment! You have such an adorable little family. What a sweet little boy. I love being able to see what people from highschool have been up to. It looks like you guys are doing well, ok, maybe not lately...Anyway, it was great to hear from you and will be fun to keep in touch!

Candi said...

Oh my goodness! What a start to 2009. I swear, I have gotten more phone calls from church basketball games to come and pick up my poor injured husband than I'd like to remember. The worst was when someone stepped right under him during a shot and he didn't want to kill the guy by landing on him, so instead he threw out his back! No lie - he was laying on the floor for a whole week! Yikes. I hope Steven gets better soon. Later!