
We decided that now was the time to move him into his 'big boy' room. We tried to talk it up as much as possible while we organized and such. By the time we got to building his new dresser and put on the Ikea bedding, he was totally on board with the big boy room. The first night in his room, he didn't get out of bed once and slept for his normal twelve hours. When we went in his room the next morning, he said very enthusiastically "I like it! Tyler sit on the big potty." Further proof he is coming into his own. We of course encourage the big potty whenever he wants. Since then, he has only gotten out of bed twice shortly after we tuck him in for the night.

This last adventure was at the Hogle Zoo carousel last week. Tyler was unsure at first, and he kept reminding me that we needed to hold on tight. Once the carousel started moving he roared like a lion and waved to anyone and everyone. He loved that lion and asked for "one more time." I just love watching him grow up!

11 comments:
He is growing up sooo fast! I can't believe he already has a big boy room.
How cute is that? And I must admit...I wish I got to sleep for the "usual 12 hours" doesnt that sound divine?
Aren't there poor bruised and scratched legs so sad??? We were at the zoo last week, too! Will just wanted to ride the Carousel and the train. He could have cared less about the animals. Tyler's room looks good (and the day bed isn't too girly so I wouldn't worry about it!)
What a good little/big boy!
You are quite the decorator. I'm so impressed with how "put together" you always are. Love ya!
Lucky you're in the second trimester... when I saw the carousel all I could think of was throwing up! Ugh!!
Also, the potty training encouragement is the best! My little neice calls me every day and says, "Guess what I did today Shannon?!" Of course I need to act excited to help my sis out in the potty training efforts! Good luck!
So cute! I can't wait to see him next month... I love the picture of his messy face -- classic!!
I think Michelle and Tyler could have a competion on who has the most bruises. And super exciting about the big boy potty. It is so amazing to see them grow and turn into their own person, but I do get a little sad when they don't "need" me as much anymore.
I love his new room! So fun! Mr. Independent. . .good times :)
I'm surprised he still keeps his bib on!
Cute room and even cuter boy! All this just in time to start with a new little one!
Post a Comment