Thursday and Friday the girls went to Women's Conference at BYU, while the husbands watched the boys. Thank you Steve and Jay! This was only my second time at the conference, but what a treat. Two things stuck out in my mind the most after the Conference. The first, the wonderful influence music can have in your life. Some of the most spiritual experiences I've had have come because of beautiful music. The second is that I'm not alone. My Savior is there to guide me and help me every step of the way. Like most mother's, I really do struggle sometimes. I wonder how in the world I'm going to teach this little person everything I need. The answer is that I can and do have help. That is a very comforting thought.
Saturday, my actual birthday, was so relaxing. After a delicious breakfast (thank you Kristin!), I visited Ikea, DSW shoes, and Nordstrom Rack. We found some super cute things for Tyler's Big Boy room at Ikea, and I found two new pairs of shoes. There's nothing better than getting a sassy pair of snake skin peeped-toed shoes on your birthday. Thanks for not complaining honey!
The next day, to continue the birth week festivities, we headed up to Kaysville for a big family dinner. It was great to see Tyler having fun watching the lightning storm with all the boys, climb like a monkey with his best buddy, and help mom and dad blow out our candles. After the little ones went to sleep, my family 'let' me win Phase 10 for the first time in years. Not a bad end to a week long celebration.
12 comments:
Sounds like a great birth week! Happy birthday!
So fun. Tell your mom hi.
I was wondering when the birth week post was coming! Happy Birthday friend! I'm glad you were able to celebrate with your Mom and your sister, too- that makes it even better. Can't wait to see the shoes...
OHHH Snake skin pep-toe? LOVE IT! I bet they are darling! Happy late birthday to you!
Good heavens, I've played Phase 10 with your family--that is quite an accomplishment!
Wow - we successfully missed both of your birthdays! Darn! Hope it was great! Sounds like you had lots of fun. That's pretty funny that Tyler has still been asking to play with Christopher...tell him he can in about 2 months :)
Happy Birthweek! I love the idea of having a birthweek, I think that I will have to start that tradition next year. And is that a birthday pie I see? I LOVE IT!
Cute makeover of the blog! Happy b-day. Love ya!
Oh I LOVE Birth week... so I just read your comment and I cannot believe little Tyler is getting married, he REALLY is 14! I guess we are getting old. I can't wait to see pictures. Oh I just had a flood of memories rush back from those days... 2 words MALL MADNESS!!!
Yes, birthweek is the best!! I'm trying to get Mitch to do birth MONTH! haha :)
Happy belated bday Erin!
Happy Happy late birth week!!!
Happy birthday, a little late!
Post a Comment