Friday, December 11, 2009

I've smiled a lot this week

This week has been a pretty good week. Steve is almost done with finals. I was productive at home, running errands, filling out Christmas cards, working out, etc. But there were three things about this week that particularly made me smile.

1. While getting Tyler ready to go play in the snow (yet again) he looked at me and said with a straight face, "Mom, you are my best girl." It melted my heart!

2. Wrapping Christmas presents and placing them under the tree. There is just something about seeing beautifully wrapped things under the twinkling lights. It makes me want to wrap up in a warm blanket and turn off all the lights but the tree.

3. Getting my hair cut. I usually wait to spend Christmas money on getting it done. This year I decided I wanted to look good for Christmas. Why wait?


I'd love to hear what made you smile this week!

5 comments:

Suzie said...

Here are a few...

That new, super smiley pic of Hannah on your side bar.

Teasing Max that I'm going to Bedazzle my boot.

Hearing Claire exclaim, "That's totally awesome!" over very random and small things.

Finishing decorating the Christmas tree with Hudson.

Jared & Tristan said...

seeing my sis-in-law before she goes on a mission to Korea!

going sledding in all the snow we have

getting ready for Christmas break!

Dangela said...

Dan surprising me by turning the house into a "winter wonderland"--every little nook and cranny is decorated!

Getting to serve two friends who are in need of a little extra cheer this Christmas.

Having all my shopping done and my presents wrapped with 11 days to go until Christmas. Piano, "A Christmas Carol", and holiday baking here I come!!!

Mr. & Mrs Osburn said...

Good for you sweetie for getting everything done...you are a wonder mom! I can barely take a shower most days!

Shannon said...

Love your short hair!