Wednesday, December 30, 2009

California Lovin'

I will spare you the details of our two long trips in the car going to and from California. Instead, I'll tell you about the good times. We left the Saturday before Christmas to go to Los Gatos and Steve's parent's house. We were able to relax, learn how to make the best carmels on earth, visit with friends and family, and go for nice walks in the warm weather.

On the 21st, we went to the annual Bennion (Steve's mom's family) Christmas Pageant. Tyler was a sheperd and Hannah was the baby Jesus. Can you tell Tyler was ready to go home and sleep?

A few days later we went to Carmel and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Tyler was in heaven. He would have stayed ALL day if we let him. Thank you to Finding Nemo for educating my child. He saw the jelly fish and said, "Takin' on the jellies!" It really is a wonderful place that totally engages the kids. Tyler couldn't wait to dive his hands into the water to feel the star fish and sea weed.


Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were very relaxing. How bad could it be to stay in my pj's for the majority of the day and eat good food? Tyler enjoyed opening the presents, but his favorite cost less than $2. Go figure!

We really did have a wonderful time. Thank you to the Pulleys for feeding us, doing the laundry, visiting, and making this a special Christmas! While it is nice to be home, we'll gladly have the 50 degree weather of California, as opposed to the snow storm that welcomed us back to Utah!

9 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

Glad you guys had a good trip and made it back safely. It's amazing how kids love the cheapest, silliest things. Christopher's least expensive gift was his favorite too. Why do we bother spending money on the others?!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

What a Merry Christmas. I have to say that I agree with Tyler, the Monterey Bay Aquarium is one of the coolest placest ever.

kalie said...

Hi E! So glad you had fun. I love you hair in those pictures! Thanx also for the Christmas card. Love you guys!

Amylee said...

Wow. Christmas in short sleeves? I can't even imagine! Utah is the warm Christmas weather for us :) Is it me, or do those striped pajamas make Tyler seem even more tall???? He is getting so handsome- losing his baby look even more and looking like a big boy! Hannah is so cute! I love that picture of her cheesing it. Love you so so so much! I want to see you shortly.

Suzie said...

So jealous...wish we had been there with you. You got to be there for the pageant/party and all that jazz. So jealous. And yes, those caramels really are the best. I guard the recipe with my life. I'm planning on making another batch this weekend...want to help wrap? ;)

P.S. Looks like the Christmas jammies were perfect - yeah!

Miss Kris said...

I love seeing all the pictures from your trip. I'm glad you made it home safely! Tyler totally looks like a little Erin in that first picture. He's definitely your son!

Dangela said...

What a fun Christmas! The cheapest presents are always the best. Why don't we remember that when shopping? I love Hannah's huge smile--she is getting cuter and cuter all the time (and she was cute to begin with)! Happy New Year!

Merri Hackett said...

Don't you love coming home to freezing cold temps?? :)

Andrea said...

What was the $2 gift? Glad you made it safely to and from California. How fun to spend Christmas in a warm place!