1. Hearing Tyler exclaim "Goofy, I'm glad to meet ya!" and embracing the larger than life character. Tyler was able to meet several Disney characters. I was surprised by how many we were able to meet. He met Mickey last and by then was like "yeah, yeah, another character." Oh, well!

2. Time with family. The company was wonderful. Tyler and Hayden were on cloud 9 being together and taking in all the sights and sounds. Grandma was kind enough to watch the kids one night so Jay, Kristin, Steve and I were able to go to the park and act like big kids until the wee hours of the morning. I love you guys!

3. Short lines and warm weather. This was the least crowded I have ever seen Disneyland. Between the Fast Passes ans Stroller Passes, we pretty much walked on to every ride. Note to self: always go to Disneyland during the week at the end of April.
4. Creating memories as a family. This was just what we needed. Steve is out of school for the summer and starts work tomorrow. Disneyland was perfect for enjoying our break together. Disneyland really tries hard to create a magical place full of detail. Being able to watch Tyler get excited about the wonder of It's A Small World and other rides was seriously a privilege.

5. Swimming at the hotel pool. Tyler shrieked with delight. Thank you Grandma for the life jacket! And sorry Steve that you got sunburned.

After two days at Disneyland, a day trip to Newport Beach and more ice cream than I care to admit, it is back to reality, laundry and cleaning. But reality will be easier to bear since I have such great memories to smile about!
13 comments:
Looks like you guys had a blast, how fun! I hope we get the chance to do Disneyland this summer too!
Fun pictures!! I'm so glad you got to experience Disneyland off-season....awesome, huh?
Looks like you had a fun ride on the "homo" - I just love the shot with the Newport Pavillion in the background. Also - we have a picture of us in front of the Mickey Mouse ferris wheel, too. Completely by accident, Max's head was PERFECTLY centered over Mickey's face and it looks like he's wearing ears.
Can't wait to be back in sunny Southern California with you in a matter of weeks!
Wow, that looks like so much fun! What a great way to celebrate Steve finishing another year of school. I'm so glad you guys got to have tons of fun. Tyler is at a perfect age for Disneyland! :)
I am jealous!! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I am glad you guys were able to get away and have a break from everything!
i've said it once and i'll say it again: your kids are ridiculously beautiful. what a blast of a trip!!
That looks SOOO much fun!! My sis and her family are going there this summer. I'm so jealous!
And how fun to have family there with you. That's so great of your mom to watch the kids so you could all go out and have fun! (we are in serious need of a date night, but that won't happen at least till after Jared GRADUATES!!!)
I love all the pictures! Glad you were able to have such a great trip
Oh so fun! I love family vacations!
Such cute pictures! You'll have to send me some of the ones I don't have.
It really was the best vacation ever! So relaxing and fun at the same time. We love you guys so much and we miss you already!
I can't wait to head down there in a few weeks! Glad you had so much fun. I especially love the picture of Tyler chillin' on the lounge chair by the pool.
Awesome!!! I can't wait to do this in just over a week!!!!!!! Tyler is such a friendly guy. What a cutie. I'm ready for those sunny days to come our way.
wow! Looks like a fun vacation! Disneyland is magical! :) Esp. when you don't have long lines
Please tell me you ate at BJ's Pizza in Newport ... a serious MUST. I especially love the picture of Tyler with Mr. Incredible. He has that "I'm-excited-to-see-you-but-a-little-scared-of-your-huge-cartoon-body" look going.
What a great vacation! You guys deserve it. I don't know how you keep up your crazy schedule.
Post a Comment