Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hannah is one!

Happy Birthday Hannah! How does it feel to be a year old? I can't wait until she can tell me. I love this stage in a baby's life. It is full of expression, major developments, and a emergence of their personality. Most parents say that the first year flew by and they can't believe their baby is one. I'm not one of those parents. With Tyler it did go by quickly. Not so much with Hannah. We've done some amazing things and ordinary things over the past year. She has grown and changed gradually. Yet she is a natural part of our family and it feels like the last year has been just perfect with her. I can believe she's one, because in the past year I've felt her influence on me. Oh, how I love my girl. After having Tyler, I thought I would be completely happy having all boys. I said that because I didn't know how much a baby girl would add to my life.

Hannah will play peek-a-boo until the cows come home, mimmick any crazy sound Tyler makes, snuggle you like you are the only person she'll ever love and play contently in her room with Minne Mouse. Hannah loves Tyler. No one can make her laugh and smile like he can. It is really fun to watch. She stands on her own, but doesn't want to walk. We're working on it.

Thanks for joining our family Hannah Beth. We all love you!

11 comments:

elise said...

Aw! One! Crazy. I love her little stripped hoodie. So cute.

Angie Lewis said...

Hooray! Too bad we couldn't have a double party for her and Andrew! It's amazing to think that just over a year ago we were both ridiculously uncomfortable. It's wonderful to have two fun kids though! :) We miss seeing you guys!

syd b. said...

oh my goodness I can't believe Hannah is one! I miss that cute girl!

Mike and Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Hannah!!! I love this stage of their life. I wish I could push a pause button for a while!

Suzie said...

Happy birthday to my girl!! It really is such a fun age...and she's such a fun little girl. Love her so much - give her a b-day hug for me!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness! We definitely need to get together, our babies are growing up way to quickly. That last picture of her, oh my, what a little beauty you have on your hands.

Amylee said...

She is definitely one of the sweetest things ever. YOu forgot to mention how much she HATES little dogs and squeels like the devil if one tries to get at her when she's in a highchair! Ha ha! I hope I get to peek at her for maybe a second tomorrow. I can't wait to see you. Hope you guys have the best day!

Trent and Whit said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Hannah! You are such a sweetheart! Love from the Bassetts

kalie said...

Happy birthday to Hannah! She's so lively, just like her mama!

Anonymous said...

She is SO cute! Happy Day to her and you! One year of pure joy and many more to come! Good Times!

Merri Hackett said...

Wow that was a fast year! Happy Happy Birthday! Hannah!