I hope each of you had a good Thanksgiving. Our Thanksgiving week was wonderful. Laser tag, card games with the family, seeing Harry Potter, and of course great food all made for a grand time. Tyler played with his cousins until he was about to drop. Hannah gave us a reprieve from the craziness by being as sweet as ever. Thanksgiving morning Steve and I ran a 10k, or 6.23 miles. It was my first ever 10k. Of course it had to be 8 degrees when we started running. The last mile or so was uphill, which was hard, but Steve pushed me to finish well under my goal time. Thanks honey! I wouldn't have wanted to run in single digit temperatures with anyone but you!
Here we are in the warmth of the car before starting.
After the race!
Here are a few pictures from our feast. I think every pan was dirty, every serving bowl was in use, and every stomach was happy after eating. I made the rolls from scratch, and I must say they turned out splendidly!

Thanksgiving always gets me excited for Christmas!
5 comments:
Looks so great and so delicious! Love your pictures. Congratulations on doing a 10K and also for completing it well under your goal. That's great!
Way to go on the rolls! I need to try to make Whitney's roll recipe- I'm bad with bread. I'm so proud of you and your 10K! It's such a good distance. I can't wait for your post about your half ;)
10k?! Good for you! I've only managed to do 5Ks on thanksgiving. Next year, though. 10k. You inspired me.
And I have only made rolls that resemble hockey pucks. Please post your recipe!
Great job on running your 10k. I don't think I'd want to do anything in single digit temps!
Your table setting looks beautiful, I love the tablecloth and napkins.
Jared and I also made rolls from scratch for Thanksgiving this year -delicious :)
and I love the family picture. Hannah looks so adorable with her little hairclip :)
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! (And that you survived the race--nice job!).
Post a Comment