On our wedding day June 4, 2004. To say we were excited was a total understatement! I don't know if many people know this, but we both said we knew we would get married after our first date. CRAZY!!!
During the first year, we were most happy just to be together. Whether it was hiking, camping, doing dishes, or studying in the Engineering buildings on campus, we just loved being together.
Our second year brought graduation from BYU, moving to Boise, getting to know a new city, and a new job. One of my favorite things about Steve is his love of exploring...despite my occasional protest!
In 2007, our third year of marriage, we had the greatest change ever...Tyler! I am pretty sure that Steve kept me sane during those first few weeks with a newborn. Tyler made us a family!
In 2008, we were still enjoying Tyler, Boise and our home. But we left Boise to return to law school and start a new adventure together.

Our fifth year of marriage brought another bundle of joy. Hannah joined our family. Steve and I really learned that we make a great team. We have an unspoken language between us. When we are trying to get somewhere with the two kids, he knows his job and I know mine. Somehow we get out the door on time and with everything we need.

In 2010, Steve and I realized we have to make time for ourselves our else we'd go crazy. These two beautiful kids brought us closer together, yet at the same time they take all of our time. We have loved looking forward to at least one date a month.
That brings us to 2011. This is our seventh year. It is going to be a lucky (blessed) year for us. First we went to Hawaii. Next came graduation, a move, and a job in Salt Lake.

And who know what else this year will bring? I guess that is the best thing about marriage, you never quite know what will come next, but you are blessed to know you will face it with your best friend. Happy Anniversary sweetie!
14 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I love and appreciate you. You are the best thing that ever happened to me!
Happy Anniversary!! I was thinking that there's no way it could have been 7 years already...then I remembered that Hudson was born right before you got married so yes, it has been 7 years. Way to go...and may there be many great years ahead!
Happy anniversary! Your comment is so true about never knowing what you will face, but knowing you will face it together. Marriage is a wonderful blessing and adventure. Here is to many more years of fun! Love ya!
Happy! What a sweet post. Love seeing the year-to-year recap. Cute family, fun adventures. Do something fun this weekend to celebrate!
Congratulations you guys! You were so cute seven years ago! And still are, of course!
What a lovely tribute! I just might have to steal this idea on our anniversary. Happy Anniversary! I hope you get to enjoy a night out on the town.
congrats on 7 years! you two are such great examples for spence and I.
Cute!
Happy Happy Anniversary. Is it ok if I copy this post? :) We just had our 9 year anniversary and I was planning on something similar to this. :) wah ha ha ha
Happy Anniversary Erin and Steve!!
Good luck with your new adventures in Salt Lake!
Congrats of 7 years! And for graduating from law school- that is SO AWESOME! You two make such a great couple.
What a sweet post. Congratulations on 7 years! I can't believe it's been that long since I went with you to Steve's volleyball game in the RB and you totally had a crush on him :)
I love this post. So fun to see you through the years, and even better to have been there to see so much of it! We love you both!
Happy Anniversary!!! Loved this update!
Post a Comment