Our, or more correctly, my relaxing began with some retail therapy at some great California stores! That was followed by the California Science Museum in San Francisco and some delicious desserts at Ghirardelli Square. Tyler liked seeing the snakes and lizards. Hannah loved the "flutterflys" and birds. We ALL enjoyed the ice cream and chocolate!

One of our favorite outings was at Happy Hollow in San Jose. It is a petting zoo, zoo, amusement park and playground for kids. Tyler went on a ride called the Frog Hopper. He was laughing so hard that Steve and I were almost in tears laughing too! Hannah had no fear feeding the goats. Whenever we get to do things as a family, it makes me realize how much I love them!

While time as a family is a precious commodity, time as a couple is even more rare. The best part of the trip was a day at the beach just the two of us. Thank you to Steve's mom watching the kids for one full day! We drove along the coast and stopped at whichever beach we felt like. We searched for good tide pools, chased harbor seals from their rocks, and remembered what it was like to be a couple in love! After dinner we went to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and rode rides like we were young again. It was an awesome day, and an awesome trip.

A very big thank you to Steve's parents for opening their home to us, watching the kids, and helping us have some much needed rest and relaxation!
10 comments:
I love Tyler's face on the Frog Hopper, so cute! How great to have time as a family and also time alone as a couple. Looks like it was a beautiful day at the beach!
So fun! And congrats again to Steve for completing the bar!!
So fun!!! Looks amazing! Congrats to your hubby on completing the Bar! What an accomplishment.
That bottom collage has to be my favorite that I've ever seen on your blog. Couple time is SO IMPORTANT. You need to frame it and put it in your room. I'm so happy that you could celebrate together after 3 years of hard work on both of your parts. You guys are amazing and make such an incredible couple! Love you.
Come again and stay longer!!!!!
P.S. Erin didn't say that, her mother-in-law did!!!
I love the collage Amy mentioned, too! I am so glad you guys had a chance to relax and be in love. And I'm excited about your new place! It sounds awesome.
Looks so relaxing and fun! Glad you guys had such a good vacation!
I love it! What a perfect family trip. You all definitely deserve it. I am especially glad you got some time as just a couple!
I'm so glad you guys got to have such a wonderful trip, especially the time alone on the beaches. What a great day!
Good luck with the new job, Steve!
Post a Comment