
And Saturday was one of those days you just want to last forever. After working hard with a run in the morning, mowing the front and back lawn, and weeding the front yard, I rewarded myself with a BEAUTIFUL hike with the family up Mueller Park Canyon. The sun was shining, the leaves were every shade of red, yellow, orange, brown and green you can imagine, and the kids got out all of their energy. In fact, Hannah fell asleep on the hike down! Walking through the forest and seeing the colors of the trees always leaves me in awe. I can't help but feel peace when on a hike like that. A wonderful Saturday indeed!

This week we are excited to celebrate Hannah's 2nd Birthday! Wish me luck on her lady bug cake. Let's hope it turns out the way I see it in my head.
7 comments:
I'm super jealous of your hike and the leaves...no fair! I want to come back! Happy 2nd Bday to Hannah! Crazy to think that just over two years ago we were neighbors and waiting for babies to come!! :) Time flies!
We went up Mueller Park Canyon today---BEAUTIFUL!!!! And Happy Birthday to Miss Hannah! Good luck with the cake--I want to see pics!
So fun!!! You have such an active family, I love it!!! Seriously, good luck on the cake!!!
I love Mueller Park. I can't wait to see pictures of the cake! You are so cute, Er.
I can't believe she is two!!!!! The canyons were stunning this weekend. I so wish that it could last for longer. How fun that your Mom got to go along, too! What a cute family you have.
That fort! Looks like someone earned a star for her chart that day :)
Wait. YOU ran, moved the lawn, & pulled weeds?! You are officially my hero.
What a fun day. The hike looks like it was beautiful. I've really missed hiking this summer. With all the craziness of the move and remodeling the house, we haven't been able to get out. I have to agree with you, nothing helps me to feel more at peace than a great hike in the mountains. Glad you had such a wonderful day!
Post a Comment