Sunday, October 23, 2011

Let the celebration begin!

Because I am a believer of celebrating your birth week, my children are the beneficiaries of my ideals. Hannah turned two on Wednesday. We had a pretty mellow day with a trip to a pumpkin patch, a dinner out (her choice was grilled cheese) and home for presents. I wasn't expecting her to understand the concept yet, but boy was I wrong! She was ALL over the presents. Multiple times she told Tyler, "it's mine!" She gets it! I found a super great deal on a cardboard cottage for her. I think she would live in there if I let her!
To continue the birth week celebrations, we had a family party for her over the weekend. She has always loved lady bugs and monkeys. I wasn't about to attempt a monkey cake, so I opted for a lady bug. It turned out cute and even more importantly YUMMY!
She had a great time with all the cousins, opening gifts, taking a bite of the wax candles (you heard me right!), and blowing out the candles twice during our singing. She's a quick one!
Hannah is our sweet girl. I am grateful she is healthy, learning, growing, and all mine. She is smart, tough, silly, gentle and overall lovable! Happy Birthday to my Hannah!

8 comments:

Dangela said...

Happy birthday, Hannah! You are one very beautiful little girl.

The ladybug cake is adorable, Erin! I'm already worried about what I'm going to do for Lucas' first cake--I am not a cake decorator (maybe I'll hire you!).

Shannon said...

Wow, that cardboard cottage is awesome! And so it the ladybug cake! Can't believe she's 2! Emerson's is coming right up also!

Greg and Abbey said...

Cute! I love the cake and the cardboard house! :) Hannah is adorable and I love her hair. So cute. I miss you guys. Greg and I mourn when we walk past your old place. It's honestly sad :( Miss ya.

Greg and Abbey said...

WOW! I just read some of your older posts! Congratulations on the new house and the 5K. A sub 9 minute pace! That's fantastic! YOU'RE AWESOME! :)

Rachelle said...

The cake turned out awesome!!! So cute!

Trent and Whit said...

yay! Happy Birthday Miss Hannah! she so stinkin' cute! And I LOVE the cake!!! Creative as always, Erin!

Amylee said...

Where in the world did all of that hair come from?! Holy cow! What a cute cottage- I bet it will be home to many adventures for both Hannah and Tyler. The cake is adorable. You did such a great job. Happy Birthday Hannah Beth!

Danae Curtis said...

She is adorable and I love that cardboard cottage! I don't blame her for wanting to live in there! =)