It has been a good couple of weeks at the Pulley home. While there have also been countless tantrums and fits, cleaning, laundry, bills, etc., we have three great reasons to celebrate.
First is Steve's birthday. The birth of my good husband is definitely something to celebrate. He works so hard for our family. Steve rarely has time to himself or to do the things he enjoys, and doesn't complain. I on the other hand complain, probably daily, about some aspect of my life or the kids.
Steve wanted a homemade dinner of pork chops with spiced apples and raisins and butterscotch brownies for dessert. All I have to do is give him some good food and he's happy. He is easy to please! The kids loved helping him open presents and were great little singers. Tyler bought Steve a gift with his own money and made a card all by himself. Steve and I noticed that his drawings resemble anime cartoons!
The next reason to be happy is the selling of our house in Boise. We loved this house. We became a family there. However, it has been a money drain since we left 3 1/2 years ago. I cannot tell you how happy I am that we never have to think about that house again...except for the good memories. No more bills, no more HOA dues, no more insurance. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted from our shoulders. A real blessing indeed!

Last, but not least, we celebrated my birthday. It was a great day. My sister-in-law took me out to a delicious breakfast, followed by a quick stop at the zoo for Hannah. The afternoon was spent relaxing, playing outside with the kids, and not doing the daily things that could easily wait until AFTER my birthday!
I didn't have to cook, clean or do any dishes thanks to a delicious dinner out. My three loves spoiled me with flowers (from Hannah), new gum (from Tyler), clothes and spending money.


These celebrations make me thankful for my family, friends, and blessings.

7 comments:
All of these things make me smile! So happy for you about the house. I can't imagine what a relief that is. Why did you have to mention butterscotch brownies? WHY?!
All those pictures of yummy food make me hungry!! I would love your pork chop recipe.
Tyler & Hannah are getting so big! I can't wait to see them...and you...in just a few weeks!! xoxo
Happy belated birthday! It looks like you guys had a great time!
Happy birthday, Erin and Steve! And a BIG congratulations on selling the house!! What a wonderful birthday present.
The pulley's know how to parrrtaaay! :) Happy late birthday you two!
What wonderful things to celebrate! I am glad you had that Boise house, we share some pretty good memories. :)
Wow am I behind the times. . .CONGRATS on selling your house!!! That's wonderful news! What a relief. And it sounds like you had the perfect birthday! good. You deserve it!
Post a Comment