Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sad day in the Pulley home...

So we officially dropped our asking price today. Instead of taking a loss on the house, we are now taking a big loss. Crap! Don't get me wrong, I would rather be in a house than renting and sharing walls with other people, but I guess now it feels like we've been renting for the past 18 months. I know the main objective is to have our home sell, but I guess it is just a little discouraging. I'm trying to think of all the ways to lure people into our house...so I'm definitely open to anyone's suggestions. Since Steve has been playing the Star Wars complete saga on the Wii and using the force on objects, all I can come up with is to be like Obi Won Kenobi and use the force on people to say, "you want to buy our home" or "pay more than our asking price." The outlook with my idea looks bleak!

6 comments:

Amylee said...

THAT SUCKS. At least next year when tax season rolls around you will be able to write off your loss! (I'm trying to look at the bright side here). Also, you have a very cute little boy!

kalie said...

ERIN. LOL. Perhaps using the force will pay big dividends. You never know, my young Padawon learner. :) Sorry that things are rough for you guys, but just think how fun to be back in Utah!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I totally love your idea of using "the force". If only it worked in real life, sigh. I have to say that we are so sad that you are leaving, but totally thrilled that you picked BYU since that is what we voted for and we can visit you when we go down to see family.

Andrea said...

So sorry, it is frustrating and stressful. I do not look forward to having to sell another home. But I like the idea that you guys are going to be in Utah, that means we can see you once in a while Yeah!

Miss Kris said...

Maybe you could put on your MLS listing that one wall of your house is made of chocolate. I'd go see that house for sure! Then, once people come inside the house, they'd see how cute it is and want to buy it, and they'd forget that you tricked them into coming into the house. It's a fool-proof plan!

Jamie said...

Maybe if you included Steve in the deal as a yard boy you might have some more interested parties. By the way this is Matt.