On Friday night, I was working on the computer when I realized that it was rather quite in Tyler's room. If there is more than three minutes of silence, I get suspicious! I walk down the hall to his room to find that he had individually pulled out all 80 wipes from the wipe dispenser. They were covering his entire floor. In addition, he had laid down on them so his backside was soaked with wipe stuff! Usually Tyler runs away if he hears us coming and has done something wrong, but this time he just looked up at me sitting in a pile of white and smiled! I just had to laugh. What a cute boy!
He again tried my patience the next night. I was changing over a load of laundry when I came upstairs to hear him run to the other side of his room. I knew he must have done something he considered to be wrong. Indeed he had! He had eaten about 1/4 of a dog flashcard that I had recently bought. I found little bits of paper in his mouth, on his collar and scattered on the floor. Apparently he is trying to tell me he needs more fiber! Again, I just couldn't get mad at him. He doesn't know any better. I guess I am going to be one of those mom's that let her kids get away with anything because they flash a super cute smile! NO!!!!
6 comments:
Ha! What cute stories. I love it when they run away because they know they did something naughty. I can't help but giggle. I bet doggy flashcards are yummy.
It really is so hard to discipline at this age when as soon as you catch them they laugh their cute little laugh and flash that heart melting smile. Oh well, I guess we are meant to try.
How funny! I love hearing your stories about your little boy. He is so cute.
Kandyce
Letting your kids get away with anything is the only way to go! funny stories!
I would love to have seen a picture of the wipe fiasco--it sounds quite entertaining. ;)
Sometimes it's good to be a softy ;) And you're right - he is definitely too cute to get mad at!
Post a Comment