Monday, March 9, 2009

The Birthday Boy

Since Saturday was Tyler's birthday, we decided to spoil him all day. If it were my birthday I'd want to be spoiled. Wouldn't you? As Steve got Tyler out of bed, he said "Happy Birthday Tyler." What was Tyler's response? A very enthusiastic "Chocolate Cake!" We had been telling Tyler that he couldn't have the cake until his birthday. He's a smart one! That morning for breakfast we made him the ultimate little boy breakfast; blueberry Mickey Mouse pancakes complete with a sippy cup full of chocolate milk. Like I said, he was spoiled.

After a good nap, we met my mom up at Chuck E. Cheeses for some games. Let's just say it was a little too much stimulus overload for him. He didn't want anyone to tell what he could or couldn't play or how to play it. He did have a good time in spite of the crowds. After dinner we had cake and ice cream and presents. And after receiving gummy worms AND gummy bears from family, he was one happy boy.

It is obvious he LOVED every minute of the much anticipated chocolate cake.



Today was our first visit to our new pediatrician. I was a little nervous for Tyler and how he would do. As our doctor came in Tyler yelled "Grandpa!" I knew we would be alright! Tyler is exactly 29 pounds (77%) and 37 inches tall (97%). He handled the shot well and as we left he even told 'grandpa' goodbye.

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like a great birthday to me!! I can't believe he is 2 already!

Unknown said...

What a good little boy! Happy 2nd Tyler!

Unknown said...

This is merri not wes :)

Amylee said...

He is SUCH a cute little boy. Thank you so much for letting us come crash your Monday night last night. I really needed a friend to cry to and I appreciate you more than you know. Not many people would drop everything for a friend like you did. I love you Erin. Thank you for always being there for me. I am so lucky to have you in my life.

Jared & Tristan said...

Maybe it's just me, but I think Tyler looks older in those cake pictures! I guess he sure is growing up!
That's really cute that he called the doctor grandpa. Glad he had a good experience and still liked his "grandpa" at the end of the appointment :)

Shannon said...

That is one little guy I agree with--Chocolate Cake for sure!

Happy celebrations... love the picture below of his little bum!! So funny! Why are rolls so cute on babies?

Shelley said...

Is he SERIOUSLY two?!!! Craziness! Of course you are super mom and did the cutest B-day traditions for him,...blueberry pancakes, chocolate milk, chucky chesse,...will you be my mom on my next B-day?! ;)

Jared & Tristan said...

Hey Erin! Could you have Steve email Jared, he isn't sure if he still has the right email address. Thanks!
Hope you are all doing great!

Mr. & Mrs Osburn said...

Wow he is so darling Erin! What a stud! xoxo