Thursday, November 19, 2009

Time flies...

Time flies when you are changing 15 diapers a day! Hannah is one month old today. It goes by so fast. This last month has gone surprisingly well. When I was pregnant with Hannah, I mentally prepared myself for the first few weeks to be horrible. I'm not a negative person, but I would rather be pleasantly surprised than blindsided. I have been pleasantly surprised. It was easier going from one to two kids than it was from zero to one. I know what I am doing this time around, so the stress is sort of off. I also have had a lot more energy after her birth than I did with Tyler.

Hannah as a baby is about as good as they come. Sure she fusses and cries, she is a baby, but she is a great eater and consistently sleeps 6-8 hours at night. I can't complain! Here are some pictures of her over the last two weeks or so. So many silly faces!



I started a tradition with Tyler that I'm going to do with Hannah. Every month on their 'month' birthday, I take a picture next to the same object to mark their growth. With Tyler we used a blue teddy bear. To keep with tradition, I'm going to use a furry bear for Hannah. Looking at that picture of Tyler, I cannot believe he was ever as small as that blue teddy bear. I sure love when they are little like this and give such good snuggles.


Happy one month Hannah! I love you. I can't wait to see what the next month brings with you!

6 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Wow, one month already! But you should stop bragging about the whole sleep thing, Ryker is just learning how to sleep 6-8 hours, sigh. I am thinking he is trying to show me he wants to be the baby forever.

Mr. & Mrs Osburn said...

Oh my gosh Erin...Hannah is so amazingly beautiful. So precious!

Jared & Tristan said...

6-8 hours! Max was 7 months old before he did that for the first time, and even then it wasn't until a month or two later before he started doing it consistently.

What a beautiful little girl! I can't believe it's been one month already! I'm glad that the transition has been easy for you. And Yay! for a good and fast recovery!

Amylee said...

Love it! She has definitely grown! And, my, that is a cute outfit!

Merri Hackett said...

Oh that striped outfit she is wearing is sooo cute!

Dangela said...

Wow! Time flies--I can't believe she is already one month old. I love your tradition of the pictures. What a great way to mark their growth. You are so creative!