Tuesday, November 3, 2009

From doorsteps to doctors

This was one of the best Halloween's yet. Tyler LOVED every aspect of it this year. From carving pumpkins with Steve to saying "I'm a Tyler robot", he couldn't get enough of the festivities. He would say 'trick-or-treat' in a robot voice at each doorstep, then say thank you so sweetly. As a parent, I don't think it gets any better! The day after Halloween, he told me that once it gets dark again, he can go out to get more treats.

Hannah slept for most of the Halloween fun, but that is just the way I like it! She had her two week check-up today, and is perfectly healthy. Such a blessing. She was 8 lbs. 5 oz. when she was born and 21 inches long. As of this morning she is already 8 lbs. 14 oz. and has grown another half inch! She has done one six hour stretch at night, but mostly does four or five hours. Another blessing! We put her in her own room last night and she did great. Tyler is wanting to help bounce her (sometimes I have to prevent him from giving her whiplash) and give her a pacifier. These two little people are such a gift!

I love when they smile in their sleep! What are they dreaming about?

15 comments:

Merri Hackett said...

what a cute little robot!!!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I love the Tyler-Robot costume. And 4-5 hours of sleeping. Ryker was 8 months old before I got such a blessing, I am SO happy for you! I am glad little Miss Hannah is doing so well. Just keep growing and cuter!

Miss Kris said...

These pictures of Hannah just melt my heart! I'm glad she's growing like a champ. I can't wait to meet her in a few weeks.

I love that Tyler's robot says "XF17." Only someone who's watched the robot episode of Curious George 500 times can appreciate that.

Anne said...

Tyler's costume is awesome, and he looks so proud. I love that he used a robot voice to trick-or-treat. Hannah's pictures just make we want to hold her even more! I especially love the picture of Tyler looking at her -- so cute!!

Cassy said...

did you make Tyler's costume? super cute! THat Hannah is a doll. Im sure you are on your way to having a schedule for Hannah just like you did with Tyler. You look very very for what you have been doing the last little while. Love ya!p.s. thanks for you comment on the binkie business.

Jared & Tristan said...

What a cute and polite little robot :) Guy had a blast going trick-or-treating for the first time. I was surprised that he actually said "trick-or-treat" and "thank you" loud enough for people to hear :)

When Guy was a baby he was such a good sleeper I never really realized how bad it could be.... then I had Max :P he sure showed me!He was about nine months old when he finally started to consistently sleep through the night!

I'm glad your sweet little girl is letting you get some rest! And sooo glad that she is healthy and strong!

Suzie said...

She's now exactly the size Hudson was when he was born! Amazing how quickly they grow.

Tyler looks SO dang cute in that robot costume. Way to go on making it - it looks awesome!

Trent and Whit said...

I love the robot costume!!! you do not know how stinkin' lucky you are that Hannah is sleeping that well at night! I wish Grant would. . .

Amylee said...

I can totally picture Tyler talking in a robot voice. He's such a mini-Steve! Hannah has changed so much since I saw her only last week. What cute kids. Can't wait to see you again.

Jamie said...

Wow! i have not been blogging for a while and look what happens...you had your precious baby!!!!!She is a doll! We are soooooo excited for you guys! The pictures of her and Ty are priceless. Congrats again! What a cute family

Kiersten said...

CUTE costume! You're so creative! And Hannah is beautiful!

Shannon said...

You look so good Erin! And I love that he did the Robot voice. That is hilarious...

Dangela said...

I love Tyler's robot costume--that is adorable! You are very creative, Erin. It sounds like a wonderful Halloween for everybody. I knew Tyler would be a wonderful big brother. I love to watch siblings together--they are so quick to show little acts of love and kindness.

Jess said...

BEAUTIFUL FAMILY! I see that you have a daughter as well.... gorgeous!

We have a blog too, but it is private so send me your email and I will send you an invite...

jessicapliwanag@gmail.com

great to hear from you!k

ranell said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations guys! We miss you. Volleyball hasn't been the same since you left.